protein intake

mlgarciazy
on 6/6/14 5:33 am

I am now allowed to start eating chicken and fish but i just donk know exactly how much pretein/grams of it i should be having….i eat enough to where I'm full but its max 3oz and ill only have it for lunch or diner..once a day not twice!! but I've been reading on here that a lot of ppl post to eat about 60grams of preteen…how can i know/measure that in ounces? sorry if i sound all dumb but this is all new for me

poet_kelly
on 6/6/14 5:34 am - OH

Three ounces of chicken has about 21 grams of protein.  You can look on the package of packaged foods or look up other items online to see how much protein is in a certain amount.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mlgarciazy
on 6/6/14 5:40 am

thank you so much Poet_kelly!!! so i guess i need to have more of it…I'm assuming breakfast lunch and dinner in order to intake at least the 60grams a day that we should be taking.

poet_kelly
on 6/6/14 5:43 am - OH

Yes, you need to have protein at breakfast, lunch and dinner.  That doesn't mean you have to have chicken for each meal, though.  There are many, many other sources of protein.  Did you think you only  needed to eat protein once a day?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mlgarciazy
on 6/8/14 9:50 am

Yes because I only wanted to have it for either lunch or dinner. For breakfast I usually have root whether it's me Alan or papaya and then for lunch I try to have a piece of fish or chicken and then dinner and that's when I get a little bit more hungry and I'll cheat I'll have a fudge popsicles or I'll have frozen yogurt or other things that perhaps I'm not supposed to be eating at night

CPA_Loser
on 6/8/14 2:39 pm - WA

Does your surgeon, program, dietician not have a set plan for you? We can only give you advice based on our own plans, but hopefully you were given instructions of what your diet should be. You absolutely need to know and understand your dietary requirements and work to meet those - it's important!

Jist curious - are you taking your vitamin supplements? Have those guidelines been made clear to you?

Valerie G.
on 6/6/14 7:25 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
3oz is about the size of a deck of cards.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

mlgarciazy
on 6/8/14 9:53 am

Thank You Valeriemy mom actually bought me a little weight scale to measure and weigh my items from now on lol but I'm still a little confused on exactly how much protein I'm supposed to be taking in because I'm eating other foods other than just chicken and fish for example I've been eating cheese I've been having cereal I've been drinking milk so I've been having other foods instead of chicken and fish

Judy700
on 6/6/14 9:31 pm
VSG on 03/11/14 with

3 oz. is a lot for me.  The most I can eat at a meal is 2 oz.  You can track your food intake on many apps.  myfitnesspal.com is a good one and will give you the nutritional breakdown of all foods you eat.  I still rely on at least one shake a day and sometimes I eat half a protein bar if necessary.  You can also add unflavored protein powder to many foods to increase protein.  Keeping to the 60g of protein per day is not hard at all if you are doing some of these things.

VSG on March 11, 2014. 60 yo female from Washington, DC area. 

HW: 235  SW: 230  CW: 134.5 (3/23)    M1:-19    M2: -13   M3: -10.4    M4: - 8.2   M5: -6.4    M6: -5    M7: -7.4    M8: -4    M9: -8.6    M10: -5    M11: -3.6    M12:  -1.5 Goal reached 3/23/15 in 1 year + 12 days following surgery.  BMI from 42.1 to 23.9 

mlgarciazy
on 6/8/14 9:55 am

thank you for your advice Judy 700 I actually did download My Fitness Pal app and I'm trying to mess around with the percentage because I don't know what numbers to put under the protein under the carbs and fats is it? But I have been counting my calories I've been inputting my breakfast lunch and dinner ;)  thanks you for your help

Most Active