Prilosec and burning throat,bone aches,and headache...

mama_dee54
on 6/5/14 1:59 am

Has anyone else had this when wl surgeon put you on it ? I had my scope and mine told me had a little inflammation and acid reflux. I never even had any symptoms of this until he put me on the dang pill ! I called them today to ask if I could get something else to take or a lower dose. They never called back yet. 

Hislady
on 6/5/14 3:26 am - Vancouver, WA

It's called "silent GERD" where you have no symptoms but they could see the damage in the scope. I have it from the lap band. It can wreck havoc on your esphagus and cause serious damage including Barratt's esophagus a precancerous condition. Do contact your doc tho and discuss it with him, he is the professional.

mama_dee54
on 6/5/14 4:21 am

they got back with me and said I was having allergic reaction to the prilosec and they are going to call me in something else.  Glad I called them .  The Doc never told me I had silent Gerd. Just said a little inflamed from small acid reflux. He said I would only have to use the pills for a little while. Hope he is right. 

mama_dee54
on 6/5/14 5:51 am

Got changed to ZANTAC ! Hope that one works for me.   

Chilipepper
on 6/5/14 2:55 pm

Ok the board "experts" will come out in force but when I start having gut issues I take some pepto once a day for 2 or 3 days along with Zantac and I get instant reliefs.  The bysmuth coats the stomach to prevent the burning and gives the irritation a chance to heal. 

This is is my personal experience...it's up to you if you want to try it.  I am 6 yrs out. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

mama_dee54
on 6/5/14 7:19 pm

So far the Zantac is working . No headache ,throat not burning and bones feeling much better. I never thought an acid reducing med could have such a bad reaction !  

Most Active