Discouraged

malarkey
on 6/4/14 12:41 pm

I am in disbelief myself. I'm scared for all the side effects let alone that I will just lose the weight and put it on again. He has my medical history.

He should know better. My husband calls this guy a "pill monkey."

Mona Mee
on 6/4/14 1:20 pm - Largo, MD
RNY on 07/17/14

Do you think you could switch doctors? He's not really paying attention. I know a lot of docs want us to take pills for things, but that's a medication that can take a toll on the body seriously. I'm glad you're posting in here to get insight from others. That's what we all are here for 😊

Dawn G.
on 6/7/14 10:54 am - Fort Edward, NY

Unreal....I would definitely run the other way.. Really-that may be ok for a temporary quick albeit small weight loss-way to go doc to discourage you more-and what better way to set you up for failure.  Stick to your guns-and arm yourself with knowledge.  Best of luck!

HW-390.6
SW-326
CW-103
GW-140

WLS is a very big decision.  Please EDUCATE YOURSELF before choosing how you wish to spend the rest of your life! 

malarkey
on 6/8/14 12:18 am

Thank you for the response Dawn. He sent the prescription to my pharmacy but I refuse to pick it up.

My first appointment with the surgeon is June 26th. I don't wish to begin any weight loss program until I've met with him.

My only other choice of a Primary Care Physician is my Ob/GYN. I've seen him consistently for the last 11 years. He saw my weight before I got pregnant and where it has stagnated at this point. He listens to me. 

Paranoid this isn't going to happen, that insurance will refuse the surgery.

I am not sleeping any more at night. I just replay all the things in my mind that could go wrong.

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate the support as I do not have it anywhere else. 

37 year old, Mom of 2 Live in rural North Carolina. Our local gym is a joke. 

Highest Weight: 280 lbs.

Pre-surgery weight 274

Current weight 246.5

Roux En Y Gastric Bypass on 11/25/2014 with Dr. Alfonso Torquati