I am officially post-op

nnylear
on 6/3/14 12:56 pm
RNY on 06/03/14

I am laying in my hospital bed with a catheter in, IV in, my had leg pumps on.  I have taken 2 walks and am in pain.  But I have a whole new future in front of me.  The Lord blessed me with amazing surgeon. Water going in one sip at a time. Tomorrow afternoon I will get my 1st puréed meal.  No shakes with this program.  Took my heart pill and it tasted awful. Thanks all for posts and info. 

Heaviest 296,  Starting 286, Post-Op 255, Goal 150

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/14 1:17 pm

Happy New Birthday, I hope you heal quickly and hope to follow behind you soon

Deborah B.
on 6/3/14 1:40 pm

It sounds like things are going well.  I hope you heal quickly and have only sunny days ahead. 

Linda_S
on 6/3/14 3:01 pm - Eugene, OR

Welcome to the losers' bench.  Do your best to follow doctor's orders, and congratulations on taking steps to improve your health!

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

nnylear
on 6/3/14 8:38 pm
RNY on 06/03/14

Thanks. Seems like I slept but was up all night. Now to pass gas. This gas is painful more so than the insisons, I guess more walking will help me. I get to go home after supper tonight. But have a least an hour drive home. I hope to be on some pain meds for the bumpy ride. 

mama_dee54
on 6/3/14 9:34 pm

So encouraging to hear you are doing so well ! For those of us still waiting for surgery you help relieve some of the fear. Good luck with your journey.

malarkey
on 6/3/14 10:22 pm

Congratulations. Your life begins again.

Hang in there. Keep us posted.

Thinking of you.

hotwaterkyle
on 6/3/14 10:28 pm
RNY on 06/02/14

Congrats on your new start!  My surgery was Monday, and I came home last night. I'm hurting a little, but it's worth it!

Best of Luck to you!!!

nnylear
on 6/4/14 8:26 am
RNY on 06/03/14

I am going home tonight. The one thing you need to remember is, walk,walk,walk & drink,drink, drink.  Follow all what your dr says and you should do well. Plan your meals before you have your, surgery and be organized. This will help when you get home.  I have all my stuff premade.  Keep yourself busy and not a couch potato. Yes we need to rest, but too much can be bad for us. 

Heaviest 296,  Starting 286, Post-Op 255, Goal 150