Looking for Support Buddies :]

sroseroth
on 6/3/14 7:04 am

Hi there! I'm Samantha. New to the boards. I'm 28 (29 on Saturday) and happily engaged. I don't have a surgery date set yet, but with my insurance and work schedule, it looks like I should be getting VSG during the first week of August. I'd love to have a group of people to talk to for support, so I thought I would post and say hello! :]

Kimteehee
on 6/3/14 8:06 am - Front royal, VA

Hi Samantha. I'm Kim and as of right now my surgery for bypass is the 19th of this month. I'm really starting to get scared. I got on this site so I could see different experiences. I am 42 and married. I am lucky enough to be a housewife. I do animal rescue transports and try to volunteer as much as possible. I started the bariatric program in Chesapeake va where I used to live and have moved twice since(husbands job). This is now my 3rd shot. I'm closer than anytime before. Therefore I'm starting to get scared that I'm not going to remember exactly what to do.    Sorry I rambled. 

Kim adams

Kim Adams~crazy dog lady

sroseroth
on 6/3/14 11:35 am

I added you! Also an animal lover. Hopefully we can support each other!

Kimteehee
on 6/3/14 12:02 pm - Front royal, VA

Sounds good to me. How do you add people?

Kim Adams~crazy dog lady

Heidibobeidi
on 6/3/14 8:16 am
RNY on 06/27/14

Hey there! I'm new around here too, happy to be in the same boat! I plan on having the RNY, and also don't have a surgery date. Though we're having different surgeries I'm sure much of our experiences will the similar, so I'd be happy to jump into your support network. 

sroseroth
on 6/3/14 11:35 am

Hi there! I accepted your request. Can't wait to get to know you!

Bette B.
on 6/3/14 11:15 am

Well, hello! 10 years out from band surgery here.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

sroseroth
on 6/3/14 11:36 am

Great! I added you! :]

Bette B.
on 6/3/14 11:50 am

And I just approved the friend request! 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

phillygirl215
on 6/3/14 11:58 am
RNY on 05/07/14

Hi Samantha, happy bday to u!!! I'm 4weeks out RNY.. I would be glad to add u as a support person!! I still need support.. I been married for 1year, have to kids boy &girl. I'm 32..