NO ENERGY

lleon340
on 6/7/14 7:53 am

How long does it take after RNY until energy returns?  I make it up the stairs and feel exhausted.  Take a shower and am exhausted. I am getting in my fluids.  I am 61 years old so maybe because of my age it will take a little longer.

RainbowRN
on 6/7/14 7:59 am - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

I'm 36 and I was exhausted for 3 months!  Energy eventually came back. 

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

AlaskanSnowflower
on 6/7/14 10:08 am - Anchorage, AK

It's hard to catch up. I'm 58 and had RNY 5 years ago. I still struggle with energy but it's worse when I don't eat right or get my water in. I do take my vitamins faithfully but I'm bad to get calcium in, since we're not supposes to take it with the others.

lleon340
on 6/7/14 10:15 am

I'm taking my vitamins and doing pretty with fluids. I guess because it hasn't even been a week since surgery that I get shaky and my blood pressure goes up with just the least amount of activity.  My pulse has also been a lot higher surgery. When I go back to work I have 11 hour days so I hope it gets better fast. 

AlaskanSnowflower
on 6/7/14 10:27 am - Anchorage, AK

It would be a good idea to call your doctor. General weakness is expected but your blood pressure shouldn't be going up, and the shakiness could be low blood sugar. Are you diabetic? Before my surgery I was both diabetic and hypo-glycemic (low blood sugar). It took over a year for my body to balance out. Hope you start feeling better fast.

lleon340
on 6/7/14 10:33 am

No I'm not diabetic. Yes it could b low blood sugar. It was low in the hospital and they were discussing giving me insulin. 

Valerie G.
on 6/7/14 1:44 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I was extremely listless for a good 6 weeks.  Do make sure you're getting in 64oz of fluids in every day, though.  Dehydration causes fatigue, as well

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

luludoll
on 6/8/14 8:12 am

I'm feeling the same way. I'm 53. 

Most Active