Protein powder

GrandmomBabydoll
on 6/3/14 4:24 am
VSG on 08/28/14

Suggestions for a protein powder I can use, I'm allergic to milk and milk products. Also, what to mix it with. Thanks!

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 6/3/14 4:27 am
VSG on 12/06/12

I use the Wal-Mart body Fortress and the EAS also at Wal-Mart. They are the cheapest I have found. I use unsweetned chocolate almond milk. They also make an unsweetned vanilla almond milk. I think even Aldis is now selling the unsweetened stuff as well.

GrandmomBabydoll
on 6/3/14 4:43 am
VSG on 08/28/14

Thanks, I have some samples of Click, but afraid to try it if it's gonna make me throw up. I'll go to Walmart this week.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 6/3/14 4:56 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Yes a thing of it last me a while because I put in some yogurt so I do not use a whole scoop about 3/4 of a scoop. I have read we only absorb roughly 30 grams of protein at a time so why go to crazy about that?

momjan
on 6/3/14 11:22 am, edited 6/3/14 11:22 am - Canada

>>>>>Go to a body building shop or Popeye`s or GNC; get a whey isolate protein powder that is fruit flavoured and mix with water and ice.  Popeye`s will give in house samples and both Popeye`s and GNC will take back opened products if you bring in your receipt.  Even chocolate ones can be mixed with water satisfactorily.

Mention your milk intolerance and see what else similar to whey isolate they can recommend; there is pumpkin, pea etc. plus many more types of protein; you just have to ensure they type of protein powder is suitable for WLS people; ask your nutritionist.

GrandmomBabydoll
on 6/3/14 11:27 am
VSG on 08/28/14

Thanks

hollykim
on 6/3/14 5:47 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

aren't these powder s whey based? She is allergic to milk.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 6/3/14 5:51 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Thank you for catching that. Yes I believe they are. I think they may have casein powder as well.

itsmekarenlee
on 6/3/14 5:59 am

Where do we buy unflavored protein powders?

hollykim
on 6/3/14 9:48 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

usually anywhere that cries regular protein powder. Be aware though ,that unflavored just means not choc or vanilla,it still has the whey taste to it cause,well it  is whey. :)

GL 

Most Active