Day 1 of liquid diet... and no supports

NorthernHusky
on 6/2/14 12:36 am

does anyone feel like they have no support?
im not saying i have no support, but no one seems overly excited for me either. No one wants to talk about my upcoming surgery, or my new life/new chapter... its frustrating.
My mother used to be obese, and she had a lapband, and she got quite thin, then regained some, and i thought her of all people would be thrilled.. but she doesnt seem to wanna talk about it. im not sure if shes jealous that im doing it now too, just a thought. it sucks to not be able to talk to your mom... she seems uninterested. My brother is a Olympic Athlete, i wasnt going to tell him (my mother did) because i knew he would have negative connotations about it.. "you can do it on your own" "healthy diet and excersise" AS IF I DIDNT TRY THAT BEFORE?!?!
My dad is okay with it, but hes not a chatty cathy type of guy, and hes worried about it being major surgery. I didnt tell my best friend, because shes a judgy kinda gal, love her, but no. she judges EVERYONE who has it... and she lost weight the right way and gained it all back.. so she would hate me for having the opertation... even though its NOT THE EASY WAY OUT... gosh! lol. and my boyfriend is supportive, to a point as well. he doesnt wanna talk about the future, he insists that he loves my body the way it is. he thinks im going to leave him when its all over. NO... im going to love you MORE, becuase i will love MYSELF MORE. im just frustrated...
This liquid diet is going to suck too...
Cant wait for this all to be over... Just had to share with someone...
Maybe when its over, i wont need to share my feelings with them lol.. see how they like it lol..

Journey2014
on 6/2/14 12:59 am

Please don't feel alone!! I am new to this forum and don't even have a surgery date yet, but the support I have gotten here has been incredible.  I'm not sure why your mom isn't more engaged in this process with you, but I can understand that this is the biggest thing in your life at this moment and that the lack of encouragement from her could be disappointing. None of us here and make her get involved but I for one, am VERY interested to hear about your progress and your experiences. The liquid diet must be tough, but remember it won't be long until you are post WLS. Make mini goals for yourself.  First get through the liquid diet, next the surgery and recovery and then focus one step at a time. I would love to be here with you every step of the way. 

I can relate to your situation with your boyfriend. It sounds similar to mine. ;0) They are so goofy sometimes.  

~Rock bottom has become a solid foundation on which I will rebuild my life~

Kate -True Brit
on 6/2/14 1:00 am - UK

No-one understands quite like people who have actually gone through this. Many hospitals run support groups. Or you could go on to the board on here for the State in which you live and you might find either a support group or even someone living near you who would be happy to meet you. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Member Services
on 6/2/14 1:27 am - Irvine, CA

We are here for you!

NorthernHusky
on 6/2/14 1:28 am

Thanks guys!

khill03
on 6/2/14 3:47 am
RNY on 06/16/14

I understand exactly how you feel....  I have my surgery booked for mid June so right now enjoying the liquid diet  

Really wish I could help

Gwen M.
on 6/2/14 4:38 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Is there a local support group that you can join?  You might find support there!  You might also consider finding a therapist.  Mine is awesome and really encouraging.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Dixiemom64
on 6/2/14 1:59 pm

Please do not feel alone. I'm pulling for you and very excited about your soon to be new life. I have committed to having the surgery but I'm still working out the details of when and where.. So fear it's looking like Tijuana Mexico.. I'm getting a little excited but I also feel I have little support.. Not because of the surgery but because of the place and them not feeing that I'll be safe. I'd have to admit I'm alittle worried myself. Keep you in my prayers and I'll make a deal with you.. I'm here through your journey and you can be here for mine

Mme0x
on 6/2/14 2:18 pm - Ocala, FL

I feel the same way. I don't even want to tell my mom I'm considering it. My sisters are supportive but, as normal they're just worried. I think everyone in your family is just worried and scared. Everything will be okay once it's done :-)

NorthernHusky
on 6/2/14 11:54 pm

Thank you for all the support, i really think my mom is jealous that she wont have something over me now. like i was always fat, and she was thin since her lapband, and she ate healthy and i didnt.. and now i have been for a year or so, and am finally getting the surgery, and now she knows i will be there with her, and i think she is jealous...or something.

even today she was harping on me about walking, shes like, u need to excersise an whatever.. im like, im on day two of liquids, im not really into it atm.. plus i work full time and have a toddler and im a soccer coach.. back off. it was like she had to remind me that i wasnt perfect or something and tha she was.. maybe im just crabby but i feel really down about how shes been treating me lately..

all i know is i am committed to this... and thats all that matters.

Most Active