Can't Seem To Fight Feeling Sick!

Debmsed
on 6/1/14 11:45 pm

I had my surgery 2 months ago now and am still sick. I have been in and out of the hospital for 3 weeks. Is this typical? Also, I find that my glands are over producing saliva and it just seems to make the problem worse. Any suggestions? Please help.

Member Services
on 6/2/14 1:31 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Debmsed,

We are sorry to hear all you are going through.  Some have a harder time than others.  Most importantly contact your surgeon and work closely with them to find out what is going on and why. Also, post this question on your surgery type forum to reach out to those that had the same procedure as you.

Duodenal Switch Forum (DS)   LAP-BAND Forum     Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Forum (RNY)   Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG)

poet_kelly
on 6/2/14 1:47 am - OH

No, it's not typical.  What does your surgeon say?  My suggestion is to call your surgeon and ask what's making you so sick and what he recommends doing about it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kate -True Brit
on 6/2/14 3:34 am - UK
On June 2, 2014 at 6:45 AM Pacific Time, Debmsed wrote:

I had my surgery 2 months ago now and am still sick. I have been in and out of the hospital for 3 weeks. Is this typical? Also, I find that my glands are over producing saliva and it just seems to make the problem worse. Any suggestions? Please help.

It wouod help people answer if you say which surgery you have had.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Lauriecw
on 6/3/14 8:50 am

I am having the same sick feeling. I am 5 weeks post op and can't shake it either. Not really nauseous just this overwhelming sick feeling. No anti nausea meds help and I can't get past the liquid diet. My dr thinks I just need more time but seems like others do fine after a couple of weeks. I'm scared and frustrated.

Most Active