Long term complications with RNY

Terrie W.
on 6/1/14 1:58 pm - Iuka, Ms

I am 13 yrs out. I have begun to have abdominal swelling with everything I eat or drink. I've never had dumping syndrome and weight fluctuates 10 lbs now and then, other gave kept it off. 

Eggface
on 6/1/14 11:36 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Have you gone in to see your Dr. about it? What's he/she say? I'd go in if you haven't... it may be completely unrelated to your weight loss surgery. Hope it's easily resolved. 

I will be 8 years out this month. I was low on iron this past few month and am back in normal range after a series of 2-30 min infusions other than that no complications. Keep up with those vitamins (so many complications in long term post-ops are related to deficiencies) and lab work. Maintaining my 158 pound weight loss (fluctuates a pound or so around time of month, etc.). Happy with my choice :)

Best to you!

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

1SushiDiva
on 6/3/14 2:45 am - MD

I certainly agree with EggFace I am now 3 years out and I really keep up with the vitamins and protein.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/2/14 2:16 am - OH

Definitely see your doctor.  As Michelle said, it may have nothing to do with your WLS, but something is definitely amiss.  Congratulations on maintaining (more or less) for so long!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MyLady Heidi
on 6/3/14 4:52 am

Are you super stressed out, I get bloated very badly when my stress level is sky high, unfortunately its been going on for years when I am under major stress.  It sucks.  Sometimes it feels like my belly button is going to pop out.  Otherwise I am fine when my stress levels are low.  I couldn't figure out the trigger for the longest time, then if finally came to me, stress.

Most Active