clear protein drink?

Kelley F.
on 3/19/05 6:46 pm - North Fort Myers, FL
Hello all! I am still pre-op, but am in the process of planning my post-op meals and things. I absolutely HATE any of those "milkshake"-like drinks... they are too think and don't tastle good at all. Does anyone know of a clear, juice-like drink that has lots of protein? I know about the unflavored powder that I can add to foods - is it awful, too? Thanks for your help! Blessings, Kelley
T.Young
on 3/19/05 6:59 pm - front royal, VA
I wish you lots of luck. I hate all protein drinks, Take it one day at a time and when you can eat normal, always eat protein first. People at work don't ask me what i'm having for lunch they ask what kinds of protein. I will never look at food the same way again. Huggs Terri
Kelley F.
on 3/19/05 7:05 pm - North Fort Myers, FL
Thanks, Terri... I have a feeling I won't do well on the protein drinks, either. K
Junebug60
on 3/19/05 7:14 pm - Hampton, VA
Kelley, GNC has a liquid protein that I have used since I came home from the hospital. It's called Pro Performance and comes in Punch flavor. If you drink it straight from the bottle it's kinda nasty. I put the 3 tbsp in 8oz of water and add 2 packets of splenda and it's almost like Koolaid. I couldn't stand (and still can't) the foamy shakes. They just don't want to go down but I can do the Pro Performance 2x a day. Good luck!
cheryl D.
on 3/19/05 9:05 pm - bellingham, WA
I use it sometimes and just swallow it plain like cough syrup.
SherryWeber
on 3/19/05 7:20 pm - IA
Personally, I think that ALL protein drinks bite... But, I do drink them when I know that I have not gotten in enough protein for the day. If you are looking for a juice-like protein drink...I think that the Syntrax Nectars would be a good choice for you. I found the lowest prices at dpsnutrition.net. Not the Apple Ecstasy flavor, though...*gag*...it's GREEN! I had better luck with the Fuzzy Navel flavor. Buy samples first...you do NOT want to get stuck with a 2# container that you can't stand the taste of. Another (cheaper and better tasting) alternative would be to make your own: 1 pkg. NSA Carnation Instant Breakfast 1/3 cup powdered nonfat milk 1 1/2 cups Fat Free Carb Countdown Dairy Beverage It's 30 grams of protein; and, it really does taste like a milkshake...you can thin it down by adding another 1/2 cup of FF CC and you will make the protein count 36 grams. Hope this helps a little! ~~Sherry E.D.D. of Child #2~~11/11/05
richbo
on 3/19/05 9:21 pm - Palmyra, VA
GNC sells Isopure zero carb. It tastes like Koolaid. A 20oz bottle has 40mgs of Protein. I mix it with in a liter bottle with sugar free Koolaid or Crystal Lite and drink it over the course of the morning. I think it is too sweet by itself. Good luck with your up coming surgery. Lisa
John Reasor
on 3/19/05 9:33 pm - Fayetteville, NC
Get one of the sample packs from .bariatriceating.com Nectar is a clearer protein drink that is easy to mix and it ends up like Crystal lite. John
jdevault90
on 3/19/05 9:40 pm - Deptford, NJ
Hi... Good luck on your journey! I can't stand those THICK, CHALKY like drinks either. I use the NEXTARS by Syntrax. They can be sweet though. Personally, the lemonade, Fuzzy Navel, and Crystal Sky are the best!!! The cherry I find bitter. I think you can get free samples from a lot of places. Good Luck again. Jeff 380/225/199?
Kelley F.
on 3/20/05 3:57 am - North Fort Myers, FL
Thanks for the tips!! I really appreciate them. Blessings, Kelley