DAY 6 OF BACK ON TRACK

jaymec
on 8/19/13 4:37 am - Monrovia, CA

I have to share with you all, Today is day 6 back on track,

For those of you that are 5-years or more out, you know it is hard to get back on track.  As I stated I did gain back 25 of my 136lb that I lost.

Well today is day six back on track,

Friday I went to lunch with a friend, and had my Protein drink and a dry green salad, no chips and salsa that he sat and ate,

Friday 1 went to dinner with my Kids, I had just left the gym, and had a Protein drink, was not hungry, I had an Ice tea, and great conversation.  No chips and Salsa that they all sat and ate.

Saturday, I meet family at the beach, I got there at 630a, saved a fire pit, once someone got there, I left and went for a 18mile bike ride.  Then went I got back I had a protein drink, as they ate all the junk, I drank my water,  and for dinner I had a salad, with a good protein.  When they started to make the somores, I had none.

So I have to say I feel GREAT, I knew once I got all the sugar out of my system, I would feel alive again, it is a great feeling.

Candy V.
on 8/19/13 5:48 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

WTG!  Great will power.  Portion control with sugar is hard.  Sugar is evil - If you have some you will want more.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

BlancheJackson
on 8/19/13 6:13 am - Butler, PA

Wow.. you said no to S'mores!!  Not sure I could have done that!

Congratulations!!

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

ready2be140
on 8/19/13 3:04 pm - WA
RNY on 08/29/12

Good for you!   That takes a lot of work and focus and motivation to get back on track - and look at you, you are already finished day 6 !  You can conquer this and lose those pesty 25 pounds!   I am just shy of 1 year out, and I know that it is going to be something i have to work on the rest of my life, so it gives me encouragement when someone does slip up, to see how they get back on track, and feel GREAT in doing so.   Keep up the good work!  

jaymec
on 8/20/13 4:07 am - Monrovia, CA

thanks for the nice reply,

coming back to this group is always a great way to get back on track

but better, if we never leave the group we may never have to get back on track

cutieinky
on 8/20/13 1:21 am
VSG on 02/27/09 with

Reading these posts have inspired me.  I had my surgery in February 2009.  Initially lost 46 lbs, but have recently put on 12 lbs.  I was recently diagnosed with DCIS, stage 0 non invasive breast cancer and just had surgery.  Between diagnosis and surgery I totally binged on all the things I love.  I also drink too much Vodka.  Since alcohol can contribute to cancer, I am focused on not drinking and getting to my original goal of 160.  Since I broke my shoulder 2 1/2 years ago, I have never gotten back to exercising.  For the last several days I have taken my dogs on two daily walks...that is great for all of us.

I just need to focus on Protein and Produce!

Cutie in KY    
Member Services
on 8/20/13 1:56 am - Irvine, CA

to your "Protein and Produce" - we are going to remember that for ourselves as post-ops too!! 

Member Services
on 8/20/13 2:03 am - Irvine, CA

Hi cutieinky - You inspired us:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4644715/Mantra-for-Ge tting-Staying-Back-On-Track/

Thanks from the MS Team!

jaymec
on 8/20/13 4:09 am - Monrovia, CA

Protein, is the key, but exercising is also very important, and you have taken that 1st step, so good for you,

keep it up and those ugly 12lbs will be gone

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/13 2:40 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

So inspiring! Thank you for posting this!