WEIGHT LOSS, ART, DOLLS AND WALLS.....

martitalinda
on 8/9/13 5:04 am

Such was the monthly anniversary of my surgery date 6 years and 6 months ago on 8/5/2007... How can I not celebrate this awesome date ... for life, for health, for wellness and youth even as I grow older.... With all life's ups and downs and challenges and blessing I am rocking this awesome never ending journey with zeal and much gusto... celebrating each day... each month... each year ... in life and in love ....I am forever grateful for second chances. Grateful for pressing on with courage and determination to live life to the fullest and to live it well I am so blessed with family, friends and peers in real life and in cyberspace that make everything so much more meaningful....

I celebrated my monthly surgiversary being an auntie to my awesome niece Ariza visiting from Panamá, the daughter of my youngest sister ... I have her here with me to enjoy her until next week before she returns ....

and like her auntie she is an ART LOVER too .... so what better place to hang out for a bit at the Yale Art Museum??? Slender me and my skinny niece of 26 years of age?

We had some awesome fun ... with my son, her first cousin, as our guide...

We took tons of pictures with our flashes on 'off' as required by the rules ... and I shared with her my AWESOME WALL AND DOLLS ... WOOT ... not only did my son bless me with another BEAUTIFUL doll for my collection my husband got me the MOST beautiful doll too and so did my DD ... now they are trying to convince me to get rid of my broken doll ... NO WAY! I am keeping her ... and I am firing up my kiln when I feel confident and will pour and bake and paint her a new face because I now have the mold.... I love love love my art and crafts and I love love love love to paint on walls and on canvas .... this is my latest mural and my doll display ... CELEBRATING MY 6 YEAR 6 MONTH SURGIVERSARY.... I used to weight 327 pounds ... and now I am maintaining a total loss of 203 pounds and loving it!

This is me today...

and these beautiful doll a gift from my DH is HEAVY ... OOPS she is big too LOL...

photo baaa9005-04d2-44d7-bc47-1574a086ac2d.jpg

on the day of my monthly surgiversary on 8/5 I left for work before returning home to my awesome prezzies ... totally celebrating a new day on my journey ... I rocked a short summer dress ...

photo 0c0cb2f2-0833-4022-abf7-d920880789a4.jpg

and I continued working on my latest  canvas that I named "TAMBORITO IN HEAVEN" ... Tamborito is the name of Panamá's folkloric dance and we grew up dancing folklore and wearing Polleras and Montunos  the national costume ... tradition started by my mother and totally enjoyed until her death by my beautiful sister Mela (RIP) ... I shared on here a picture of her and my mom in their Polleras on my last post and I painted them on canvas as a gift to my sister on her birthday ....

this was the original picture...

OMG and my niece bought her auntie refrigerator magnes in Polleras from Panamá how awesome is that? I am soooooooo happy to have a piece of my own blood visiting and staying with us for a few days...

photo 578e04aa-a745-4a7d-8bd6-25471db9d587.jpg

Celebrating with ART, DOLLS, and walls .... I painted, I sewed, I ran, I swam and I love getting totally creative ... these have been some AWESOME aids on my weight loss and maintenance journey ... the paintbrush instead of the fork ... a swim and a run instead of giving up or giving in ... I AM EMBRACING JOY AND MAKING IT HAPPEN TO ME....

Looking forward to another day. another month, another year these are SNIPPETS of my JOURNEY .... today and yesterday... Thanks for allowing me to share...

MY BEFORE.... and my NOW! ... IT IS ALL WORTH IT!

photo beforeandtoday.jpg

I capture it all in my digital empowerment journal "A Picture A Day Keeps the Pounds and the Inches Away"

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Member Services
on 8/9/13 5:06 am - Irvine, CA

We are doing the happy dance for you!

martitalinda
on 8/9/13 5:13 am

Thank you OH for providing this awesome platform on which I have met soooooooooooo many awesome brothers and sisters on the journey .... have benefited from shared experiences and have celebrated along with others as well as cried along with others sharing their life experiences in a community bound by a common interest.... 

I do miss some awesome posters that once shared on here and hope to see them come back again some day ... that would be awesome indeed ... in the interim I will continue to enjoy and grow from the remnant and the new ones ... and I will continue to be grateful for this awesome platform that you provide ... being able to share snippets of my weight loss and maintenance journey on here have certainly encouraged me and kept me grounded and inspired .... 

Tracy D.
on 8/9/13 5:35 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I love how positive you are - it's very inspiring to read your posts and to see how BIG you are living your life now.  Congrats on 6 years and 6 months of success! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

martitalinda
on 8/9/13 5:39 am

Thank you Tracy .... you inspire me with your kindness...

Kathleen W.
on 8/9/13 10:17 am - Lancaster, PA

She's beautiful, like her aunt.  Looks like you both had an awesome time.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Most Active
Grrrr? Its only Hump Day
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 259 views