What is a normal BMI?

MacMadame
on 4/18/13 1:20 am, edited 4/18/13 7:34 pm - Northern, CA

People ask a lot about how to set a goal weight and also what it means to be a normal BMI. I put together this series of pictures of me at different weights, all of which were a normal BMI so you could see how you can look differently at the same weight and also what kind of range "normal" allows for. 

http://fattyfightsback.blogspot.com/2013/04/this-is-what-nor mal-bmi-looks-like.html

Hope you find it interesting!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

BezoarGirl
on 4/21/13 3:44 am - WA

I always wonder about that.  My family thinks I look too skinny now and I am 5'9" and 160 pounds.  I think they were just used to be being heavy however.  I do think I have a large frame as my hip bones do stick out and my collar bone is out pretty far also.  I noticed that my calfs still are avg. looking and so are my thighs vs. the upper part of my body. 

I am about 5 pounds more than my 16yr old daughter and she is an inch taller than me but she looks like she weighs more than I do.

I have also seen a web site that shows heights and weigh of people and someone can have the same height and weight as someone but they both look so different based on age and frame style.

RNY 8/29/12       5' 9" tall

MacMadame
on 4/21/13 5:49 am - Northern, CA

We all run into that "too skinny' thing. People are supposed to have collar bones! And I bet they don't think your daughter is too skinny even though it sounds like you are about the same size.

It's hard to judge ourselves but I think the pictures can help. Just look at lots and lots o pictures of yourself especially in groups!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

tulips52
on 4/28/13 6:48 am

Very interesting!!! Thanks for sharing! (BTW- you look amazing and so fit!)