Newbie with questions

DClady
on 3/17/13 10:50 am
Hello everyone. I've been on this site for a while, reading posts and replies that were greatly helpful. What made me sign up are the questions i have. I was sleeved on March 7th and the first couple of days I was eating very, very little. Now i havent been eating at all. I'm not hungry at all, I feel sick when I look at my soup or jello and gave up on eating. It has been three days and the only thing that has entered my stomach is water and vitamins. I don't know how I'll be able to eat. Will I feel hungry again? And should I force myself to eat? Thank you so much!
Valerie G.
on 3/18/13 12:41 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

How much are you drinking?  You need to be getting 64oz of fluids in any way, shape or form.  Dehydration leads to fatigue and nausea, so it becomes a vicious circle.   Your sleeve is swollen, and this will subside.  Fluids are most important right now, but if you try to eat anything, be sure it's some kind of protein, for it helps with healing, and your body needs it.  

As for hunger - you won't be hungry the same way.  It took several months before my stomach and I came to terms where I knew I needed to feed myself.  Not eating made me feel horrible., so I eventually set an alarm to remind myself to eat, if only a little something like cheese or nuts.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

cajungirl
on 3/18/13 6:36 am

I agree with Valerie.  How much water are you getting in?  Dehydration is a vicious cycle and make you feel horrible.  You have to try to get in some type of nutrition, it isn't the most important thing right now (based on getting xxx grams of protein) but you'll need to work on getting in something to heal and have some energy.

I don't know much about the sleeve, you may want to also post this on the VSG board if you haven't.

IMO yes you'll need to force yourself to eat something.  Many of us were not hungry early out.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

jacreasy
on 3/20/13 6:15 am
VSG on 04/23/12

Just make sure you Sip, Sip, Sip and Walk, Walk,Walk.  You wont really be hungry for quite some time but yes you need to eat and get your protein shakes in at least.  Your body is healing and each day will get better! Good Luck

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

Most Active