10 months post op...BEST WALK EVER!!

g S.
on 1/15/13 6:12 am
RNY on 03/14/12

So today I decided to take the plunge and go for a walk with two of our dogs. There is a long stretch behind our house that is a bit hilly but great for walking. I have wanted to attempt it since we moved here in the summer. So I figured why not just see how far I got. I dont know the distance yet, so I need to figure that out, but I went on a 45 minute walk and it was the best damn walk I have ever taken. I cried for the first couple minutes because I felt more free than I ever have. I'm sure to most that sounds silly, but I remember the days I got winded and had to sit down going from my front door to my car that was no more than 10-15ft. I'm not tired,hurting, winded and I didn't have to stop. If anything it started with the dogs pulling me up the hill with excitement of a walk and then me dragging them back by the time we were done. I far exceeded my expectation and sit in awe of myself. I am so amped I could go and do it again. It was my goal to try to do this a couple times a week in the new year and now that I know I can.. look out poochies..hehe. I FEEL AMAZING!!!

kim_emma02
on 1/15/13 7:51 am - Ontario, Canada

Way to go!!!!  I can't wait until I can do that with my pups.  Keep up the great work!

RNY 02/04/2013 with Dr Starr

BelieveInFaith
on 1/15/13 9:59 am - NJ
RNY on 08/08/13

YOU GO GIRL!!!!

karenp8
on 1/15/13 10:02 am - Brighton, IL

I know what you mean. My treadmill is downstairs and when I started I was out of breath by the time I got there. Now I walk for an hour a day and do 3.3+ miles and feel great! And I thought I hated exercise.

Most Active