Rny today

chowell
on 10/3/12 10:19 pm - marietta, GA
RNY on 10/04/12
I am sitting in the holding room with a iv in and my mom is still trying to talk me out of it. I know she loves me and will be there when I need her but she doesn't want me to have the surgery she I'd worried for me

Cecily Howell                

Michelle G.
on 10/3/12 10:56 pm - OH
RNY on 10/17/12
My mom is worried too! I hope you have a very uneventful surgery and speedy recovery. Sending prayers up for you.

Michelle

HW : 350       GW: 150          CW: 190

Vivian Prouty
on 10/3/12 11:39 pm - Fort Worth, TX
You'll be OK.   My family didn't want me having my WLS either and that was 7 yrs. ago and I was up 140 lbs.    Your Mom will be SO proud of you when you start losing the weight and she will then know you made the right decision for you.    Good luck and you will be in my prayers as you heal.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian 

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

rissa1224
on 10/4/12 1:22 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12
Good luck to you! Don't let anyone talk you out of something that YOU want. Let us know how it went. I am looking into having the band done.
Paul Carrick
on 10/4/12 2:31 am - Eastsound, WA
VSG on 08/27/12
Hang in there. If it's like mine it will be the best decision of your life.

She will be proud of you in the end.

You'll be in my thoughs and prayers.

Please let us know how it goes (when you're up to it).

Take care and God Bless.

Paul...

HW: 360 SW: 342 GW: 175 CW:  Click to find out  
  "Life is what happens while you're making other plans." - John Lennon

BezoarGirl
on 10/4/12 4:15 am - WA
 Congrats on taking a step in the right direction for the rest of your life!

I sure you have had the surgery now.  Remember you wanted this surgery to get healthy and live a longer healthy happier life.  Sometimes people who don't want you to have the surgery need to be reminded of this.  I hope your mom will be support of you, if not please find supportive people to surround yourself with.

Did she tell you why she didn't want you to have surgery?

All the best and a speedy recovery.  I am 5 weeks out and feeling better every day!
Most Active