Bulk order of calcium citrate powder on ebay?

shygirlxoxo
on 9/27/12 12:34 pm - savannah, GA
RNY on 12/04/12
So they sell large bags of calcium citrate powder and you just measure it out by the gram and disolve in water. Would somthing like this work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1000g-2-2lb-Calcium-Citrate-pure-pow der-bio-calcium-bone-health-/230852438278?pt=LH_DefaultDomai n_0&ha****em35bfe0a906 

Thats the ad i saw. Im on a budget and all of the calcium chews really add up.
Dave Chambers
on 9/27/12 2:08 pm - Mira Loma, CA

I'm not really sure this is what you want. Typcially most calcium citrate comes with D3, some form of  magnesium for best absorption.  I use the Calcium Citrate Only from Vitalady, that doesn't have these in them, but offers much higher elemental calcium than traditional calcium citrate. I take higher levels of most other vitamins too, including 50K IU of D3 daily.  So I'm not worried about this form of calcium missing those other ingredients.  Dave

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

shygirlxoxo
on 9/27/12 11:27 pm - savannah, GA
RNY on 12/04/12
Oh yeah i didnt think about that. I need to take more Vit d also. Mine been in teens and im still a preop. Yeah i was just trying to be cheap :) Thanks
MsBatt
on 9/28/12 1:32 am
If your D is in the teens NOW, you need to really work on getting that up before surgery. I too recommend the 50,000IU dry D from Vitalady. It's a tiny little pill, easy to swallow, and it 'does a body good'. (*grin*)
Dave Chambers
on 9/28/12 12:12 am - Mira Loma, CA

Yes, some supplements can give you "sticker shock". But read the labels carefully.  The 50K IU dry D3 is likely what you'll need post op, especially if your D is very low preop.  Cost is about $23 per 100 capsules. But if you consider you'll likely only need 3 or 4 per week to keep about an 80 for D labs, the cost comes down less than $1 per week.  Multis are another area you can shop wisely. I initially used a liquid vitamin. But it cost me $20 per month, but with new government manufacturing laws, the average cost now is around $42 per month. Several of the better known liquid vitamins have ceased production due to higher costs. I use a capsuled vitamin now, Twin Labs Daily Two Caps that have high values. Cost is around $12 per mo.  But no K. But I already supplement with 600mcg of K due to severe bruising.  I buy the K from Puritan Pride online, with their buy 2 get 3 special sales. So I got 1200 of the 100mcg K tabs for about $12. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude