this is weird

CAJUN71
on 7/15/12 9:42 am - TX
RNY on 07/02/12
i had a weird experience two times already and wondering if someone could shed some light.. today i was making spaghetti sauce and i took the tiniest bit on a spoon to taste just to see if it was done.. at the exact time i swallowed, i got a feeling way in the lower part of my gut that felt like someone had knocked the wind out of me, or that feeling you get when your stomach drops on an amusement park ride.. the same thing happened a few days ago when i tried to eat some very liquified grits.. what weirds me out that its pretty much instantaneous with the swallowing.. i understand that my body might object to certain foods, but the feeling is far away from where id expect it in my stomach, and really really fast.. any ideas?

Herman
on 7/15/12 9:52 am
 could be esophageal spasms. It's not a reaction to the food but to the swallowing.
 Lap-band 2007
 DS 2009
CAJUN71
on 7/15/12 9:58 am - TX
RNY on 07/02/12
it hasnt happened at any other time then those two, when i would consider myself swallowing "real food" as opposed to my otherwise liquid diet.. and the feeling was way down on my left side, about two inches below my navel.. would those spasms cause the same feeling?

MyLady Heidi
on 7/15/12 9:58 am

It might be the smell, lots of thing give me the instant queasy feeling.  I cannot bear to be around my co-workers at lunch time, they constantly eat things that make my stomach drop.

CAJUN71
on 7/15/12 10:03 am - TX
RNY on 07/02/12
i havent had problems with smells, except for the fact that i can still smell delicious food lol.. last night i had a breakdown and tried to be a hero and took some of the spaghetti.. it was mostly noodles with just a hint of sauce, and i picked like a bird, but by the fifth noodle or so i realized i was no hero and got the queasy feeling and spent the next five minutes close to the toilet in expectation.. i recovered and chalked it up to "not just yet".. but i did find the whole experience of eating solid food a bit of a turn off.. the noodles seemed slimy, the fork seemed like a medieval gardening instrument, and the food tasted slightly burned (of which of course none were true).. i guess any or all of those could have contributed to the whole bad experience.. but the pain i was talking about way way down in the gut, like someone punched me and knocked the wind straight out.. kinda like that feeling you get right before you faint

Cherokeesage
on 7/15/12 1:56 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
I haven't had that experience but noticed you are not far post op so perhaps it is your body in healing mode.  I call my surgeon's office when I need an answer.  I'm lucky because several of his staff including his NUT  has had WLS so are great for advice and when they don't know they direct me to the Dr.  He's been doing this nearly 30 yrs so there's very little he hasn't come across. 

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

loser123
on 7/15/12 10:48 pm - Acworth, GA
I never experienced that and I agree with the above, call your doctor and run it by them!  Good luck and let us know what you find out.
9 years post op Lap GB, down 123#
I keep the weight off with Body By Vi
http://eliznatl.myvi.net/

Nothing taste as good as thin feels

CAJUN71
on 7/23/12 4:57 am - TX
RNY on 07/02/12
i explained to my doctor what i had experienced and he said my hormones were all out of whack post-op, and its possible since i was putting something in my mouth that i knew i shouldnt have been, its sort of like my brain registered the guilt and sent out a no-no signal to my body that manifested as a gut punch.. makes sense to me lol

Most Active