Need ideas for pureed and bended stage

LilyoftheValley07-30
on 8/11/14 10:59 am

I am ready to start my Level 3 soon and would like ideas as to what I can blend that will taste decent.  Can you help with some recipes?

Bette B.
on 8/11/14 11:48 pm

Lily -

I was worried about the palatability of purees, too, but it turned out to be a really easy stage.

Here are my suggestions. Start with a food you like. Let's say chicken. Bake, broil or grill whatever part of the chicken you like best with whatever spices you like. Feel free to add enough spices to make it taste good. When it's done cooking, let it cool enough to be handled. Cut or break it into pieces and put them in a food processor or blender. Add broth (chicken or veg) a little at a time as you puree to make sure that the meat stays moist,but not too soupy. That's your protein.

You can do with same with veggies. With fruit, you can use the fruit cooked or raw, using fruit juice as a thinner and adding cinnamon.

You can also make salsa, if you like it, into gazpacho by just pureeing it. 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

jefferytmc
on 8/12/14 2:15 am

I could not bring myself to pureeing meat.

I really like sweet potatoes so I would cook it thoroughly in the microwave and then blend it up with a touch of milk and some cinnamon and it was good.  I also did fat free refried beans mixed with broth.  I also ate a lot of apple sauce and grits.

For my protein during that time, I drank a lot of protein drinks.

For me, it was not about being overly tasty, it was about getting through the period while letting my new pouch heal.

It seems like forever, but in the scheme of things was not that long.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

Gwen M.
on 8/12/14 5:32 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I loved purees since that's when I could start cooking for my family again and eating with them!  We ate the same things, I just pureed my portions.  Super easy :D  

Here's a list of the things I made, with links:

http://myvsg.livejournal.com/37151.html

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

HLen
on 8/12/14 7:18 am
RNY on 07/11/14

I put a scoop of part skim ricotta with a few TBSPs of pizza or spaghetti sauce and heat it up. 

Canned or regular chicken breast, (2oz) a laughing cow garlic and herb wedge and tsp light mayo & blend.. Tastes like chicken salad.

chili blended, with or without beans, then I added fage 0%. 

These are my go to puréed foods right now.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

MickeyDee
on 8/13/14 4:05 pm

Your favorite soups are an easy pick.  

Eggface
on 8/13/14 8:36 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Some of the things I ate: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/puree d-foods.html Hope it give you a few ideas.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com