4 Days post op!!

g S.
on 3/17/12 1:33 pm
RNY on 03/14/12
 So far things have gone pretty smooth. The only thing is trying to get down all the food required..well liquids. I have to work really hard to try and get it all in. Any suggestions or am I ok since it's so soon after? I am making sure to get my vitimins in. Can't believe Im on the other side!! :) Oh and did everyone elses tummy make tons of noises in the days following?
Jo 1962
on 3/17/12 1:43 pm - NearHouston, TX
 Welcome to the loser's bench!  Sounds like you are doing fine!.  whew..the first 3-4 days were rough for me..but by day five, I felt normal. yup...those noises happened to me too.  i didn't like drinking water much at first but those flavor additives like Mio helps me out.  in fact, all I drink now is Mio water and occasional decaf tea.   if I drink a soda, I belch all day!  

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

nikkitop
on 3/17/12 6:56 pm - NJ
Today is gonna b day 4 and the worst is gas pains... I was suggested to walk and it will pass but I've never wanted to fart so bad... Lol... I'm also nervous about the intake but tomorrow is my first day officially out the hospital so I'm gonna try my best!! Good luck!!
martitalinda
on 3/17/12 9:32 pm
 Congratulations! Welcome to the other side.. Five years later my pouch still makes noises ..sometimes at the wrong times LOL...

Take it easy..take care of yourself...wishing you nothing but the best! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

smalls76
on 3/17/12 10:09 pm
Hi Ginamarie! Today I am 5 days post op and its rough to sip sip sip all day like the docs say. I have yet to meet the 64 fluid oz of water they WANT you to get. So far yesterday was my highest amount. 45 oz. My train of thought has been "I DON'T want to end up back in the hospital from dehydration!" I think we should be able to do a little more each day that passes. Good luck to you!
zabber
on 3/17/12 11:06 pm
RNY on 02/28/12
Oh yes and you need to pass that gas...it does pass though, your stomach my make noises but not as bad!  AND yes, welcome to the other side!! I am almost 3 weeks post op and I feel fantastic, I was at my son's hockey game day 6 post op just to get out and walk around for the gas...

For those that have not had the surgery it is a bit rough until day 4, but then the pain goes away (which wasn't bad anyway)!  Hang in there the first 2 weeks on liquids is tough! 

Amy D.
on 3/17/12 11:12 pm - VA
RNY on 03/13/12
Congrats on your successful surgery! I am day 6 out and am still having a little trouble with the protein and fluid intake. My doc said that the goal was 64 oz of water and 60 g of protein but for the first week to focus more on the liquid than the protein and to at least get in 48 oz to avoid dehydration. He advised to try and increase both each day by a little. I did 55 oz of fluid yesterday and 35 g of protein. I have a harder time with the protein because I just don't like the shakes but I start purees on Wednesday and I think that will help tremendously.

And yeah, I'm definitely rumbly in my tumbly!

Good luck!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
bjalberta
on 3/18/12 1:56 am - Canada
VSG on 03/20/12
 I have surgery upcoming on Tuesday and have tried a few of those shakes.. Wow, way to sweet,  I ended up diluting them way more than the directions say to get them down ( and I haven't had surgery)!  Maybe the unflavored protein added to stuff might work better, once you start puréed?  Take care....

BJ

HW 325     SW 303    CW 245.    GW  170
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/12 8:03 am - NY
RNY on 03/21/12
Yay! so happy for you!! hope getting things down gets easier in the next few days, keep us posted!!