Mexico

moringdawn
on 2/17/12 9:56 am
VSG on 07/11/12
 Well  my insurance will not pay for WLS..so I have been looking into going to Mexico, has someone had wls in Mexico and if so who was the doctor and the where in Mexico? please I need help.
rbaz
on 2/17/12 10:17 am
Well it's your lucky day.  My insurance would pay but they tried to make it so hard I decided to look into Mexico.  My primary doc owns Medtogo international who helps people with no insurance get the surgeries they need.  I chose Dr. Armondo Joya in Puerta Vallerta. They set up everything for you including airfare and hotel. You'll be there for one week.  Amerimed Hospital is awesome.  It's like a condo.  The only drawback is it's sometime difficult to communicate if you don't speak spanish.  The surgical facilities are top notch and the doc is well trained.  I had no issues.  Check out the link and decide.  Watch out for the haters though, they'll say your nuts for considering Mexico.

http://www.medtogo.com/

Rod
Tea
on 2/17/12 10:18 am - Moore Haven, FL
VSG on 07/11/12
My insurance wont pay either. I found Dr. Washington in SC who is doing my VSG for 8,000. Which wls are you wanting?

HW 311 - (pre opt liq diet 272) - SW 264 - CW 196- GW 150

Lovin my
SLEEVE

Tenacious88
on 2/17/12 1:53 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14
Hi:  In Mexico

Dr. Alvarez's

endobariatric.com

check it out

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

newme2011-2012
on 2/17/12 2:39 pm
I went to MExico and used Dr. Ramos-kelly 5700.00 + airfare.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

AnneGG
on 2/17/12 3:53 pm
Do consider long term aftercare in your plans- find a local doctor who is willing to follow you and order labs.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Aasect .org
on 2/17/12 10:44 pm
Go for Dr. Ungson. Research all the docs who have been named and read EVERYTHING that's been posted on here.
Valerie G.
on 2/18/12 4:58 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Dr. Ungson in Hermisillo is the favorite among the DSers

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Eggface
on 2/19/12 2:38 am - Sunny Southern, CA
I've had several surgeries in Mexico including RNY, medical tourism is not for everyone but it was the best decision I ever made and all great experiences. Echoing some of the sentiments above... RESEARCH! Be aware there are good & bad Dr.'s in every country and if your insurance won't cover the surgery chances are if you have complications they won't cover those either.

There is a Mexico Forum here on OH. Hit the forum drop down screen above to locate it... not sure how active it is but maybe message some of the people that have posted and ask them some Q's most of us are very willing to share our experiences.

You are welcome to read my blog www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com for my medical tourism experiences. I had RNY in June 2006, plastics in October 2007 & March 2008 (maybe read those posts from around that time for tips, what you might expect)

Best wishes in your research.
~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Nevada-Fluffy
on 2/19/12 5:52 am - Henderson, NV
I had the sleeve done by Dr. Sergio Verboonen in Tijuana (went through Medical Tourism). I was self-pay and had been to Mexico many times so it wasn't too scary for me. Got a great deal then ($4500 + airfare) and it's the best decision I ever made. Fabulous care and no complications!

Most Active