Help - I need a new multivitamin!

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/30/12 12:13 am, edited 1/30/12 12:13 am
I use CVS brand Multi (Centrum equivalent) - chewables. I get them when they are on sale - BOGO - so the most the multi cost me less than $5 per month.... can't beat that.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

AnneGG
on 1/30/12 1:58 am
I'm with the CVS Senior chewables, bought on 2 for 1 sales. So far my labs are coming back excellent.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Susan1219
on 1/30/12 2:26 am - LA
I use One A Day Multivitamin Gummi's with immunity support....yep it is an adult multivitamin that is gummi and chewable. Been doing great on it!
aaaaaaa
on 1/30/12 2:31 am
 I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I do suggest you check ALL the vit. and minerals against a bottle of Centrum, and see what you MAY be missing in the One a Day Gummy.  My daughter takes them too, but she didn't have surgery, and doesn't worry about what she's missing. You can't tell a 20 yr. old anything. :D  lol       I just hate to see anyone run into bad labs down the road, and have to struggle to get levels back up.  It has happened to many who went down the "gummie brick road" :D

Susan1219
on 1/30/12 2:44 am - LA
Thanks for the heads up about the Gummi's. I got them just a few days after surgery and did not feel like hanging around Walmarts comparing vitamins. But when I do go back, I will compare and get the Centrum....I don't want to end up with bad labs!
Yeah, I know that feeling...I have a 21-year-old daughter that I can't tell anything.
M M
on 1/30/12 2:39 am
 Are you RNY or DS?
poet_kelly
on 1/30/12 2:42 am - OH
But it does not have all the B vitamins and minerals like copper, zinc, selenium, potassium, etc.  Are you taking all those seperately?  I don't see how you can do great if you skip all those vitamins and minerals.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Susan1219
on 1/30/12 2:46 am - LA

Thanks, I did not check all that out....my levels probably have not dropped yet because I had an abundance of vitmains and minerals before surgery but I will get the Centrum next time I go to Walmarts.

poet_kelly
on 1/30/12 3:16 am - OH
Nah, as long as your levels were good pre op, it usually takes a while for them to drop significantly.

When you buy a multi, look at what percent of the RDA of stuff it has listed on the label.  You want one that has mostly 100% of things.  And just make sure it's got a bunch of minerals like zinc, copper, selenium, etc.  If you wanna save money, a generic  Centrum is fine, although sometimes I get Centrum on sale even cheaper than the generic.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

KathyA999
on 1/30/12 3:01 am
I take Trader Joe's adult chewable, it's pretty good.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Most Active