weight regain....help!!!

NancyN
on 1/17/12 10:43 pm - MA
Have not posted on this site in a very long time, thought I would see if anyone has any ideas....

Im 4:5 years post op....weight goes up, up, up and I don't eat very much. Everything I put in my mouth is causing bloating, and fluid retention.......dairy, carbs, vegetables, protein,water. I drink a minimum of 80 oz of water and 24 oz of decaf coffee. Bloodwork always comes back normal. Im so uncomfortable, when I call surgeon or primary doctor, the response is go to a nutritionist or try more medications. Im so frustrated, thinking about new doctors. My abdomen, hands feet legs are swollen and I feel like I can't breath. I do have thyroid issues but bloodwork is normal and I take fluid pills........

I would like some input.....has anyone ever had these issues??

Thanks!
Pupcake !.
on 1/17/12 11:04 pm - Stranded in, IA
 How much protein are you getting?

You could have protein-energy malnutrition.  (search kwashiorkor)

Symptoms are swelling, bloating, diarrhea and more.

Try just shakes/protein for awhile and skip the carbs.  You may see a difference.

Good luck

Pup

No surgery has been harmed/defamed by the writer of this post.  
RNY 10/28/03 305# 8/11/04 147#  9 years out and >75% EWL!

Kim S.
on 1/17/12 11:29 pm - Helena, AL
I'd get to a doctor, pronto.  You may have some type of allergy if you are swelling like that.

mkbeany
on 1/18/12 12:46 am
I'm with Kim.
If you haven't seen your doctor about this swelling...you need to.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11