Can't get the surgery if over 50+ BMI

sarah_durso
on 12/22/11 9:28 am
 Thank You ! 
orangecrushed
on 12/23/11 1:10 am - Triad, NC
Hi there!  I can vouch for Dr. Sudan at Duke.  He performs all of the surgeries, and he can give you some guidance on which to go with.  He's a very straight-forward surgeon, he's not one to chat with you about the weather... but he's super knowledgeable and very caring.  If you'd like to know more, please feel free to send me a message on here.  There is a Facebook page for NC DSers.  Definitely check out the DS.  I was going to have the RNY, and had never heard of the DS before.  After doing my research, I realized the DS was perfect for me.

I wish you the best of luck!  Us NC gals gotta stick together. :)
(deactivated member)
on 12/23/11 2:01 am
On December 23, 2011 at 9:10 AM Pacific Time, orangecrushed wrote:
Hi there!  I can vouch for Dr. Sudan at Duke.  He performs all of the surgeries, and he can give you some guidance on which to go with.  He's a very straight-forward surgeon, he's not one to chat with you about the weather... but he's super knowledgeable and very caring.  If you'd like to know more, please feel free to send me a message on here.  There is a Facebook page for NC DSers.  Definitely check out the DS.  I was going to have the RNY, and had never heard of the DS before.  After doing my research, I realized the DS was perfect for me.

I wish you the best of luck!  Us NC gals gotta stick together. :)
She has Tricare, she can't use Sudan unless she self-pays.
sarah_durso
on 12/23/11 10:05 am
 Thanks !  I'll look it up on FB.
southernlady5464
on 12/22/11 10:53 am
On December 22, 2011 at 4:56 PM Pacific Time, ericklein wrote:
Here was someone local to you posting a few months ago on similar. I did a search on "tricare sc" in the search field.

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4429497/Who-has-Tricare-Prime -and-advice/
Eric, one mistake...the OP is in NORTH Carolina not South Carolina...so your search should have been tricare nc.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

ericklein
on 12/22/11 1:24 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
Hey thanks a million LIz.
Not sure if ADD vs. IQ issues are worse  (probably both)... thanks for the correction!

Also, does it matter? Tricare is US federal government military, right?
As such, I guess there are no fewer than 50 administrative distinctions for these (one for each state?).
Elizabeth N.
on 12/22/11 10:31 pm - Burlington County, NJ
If you hadn't driven away the people who KNOW this stuff, you wouldn't be looking so foolish now with what you are posting.

In a word, YES it matters and NO it's not about going by state. So don't try to talk about this. You have no idea what you're talking about and you're making yourself look worse by the moment.

I will be happy to assist holders of Tricare. Y'all know where to find me.

Sharyn S.
on 12/23/11 2:09 am - Bastrop, TX
RNY on 08/19/04 with

Sharyn, RN

RIP, MOM ~ 5/31/1944 - 5/11/2010
RIP, DADDY ~ 9/2/1934 - 1/25/2012

Generic User_Name
on 12/22/11 10:54 am
 Pardon me.  Why did you do a search with "tricare sc" when the OP lives in North Carolina, not South Carolina???  

Just sayin'

ericklein
on 12/22/11 1:30 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
1) Must be some southern bias, I guess :)  
2) Weren't all NC'ers SC-bound, eventually?
3) Thanks for just sayin'!!  (My intentions plus other people's intelligence might potentially add up to some utility).

I'll see if I can get the full state database set up, browsable by state + insurer.
That was actually the very first database ObesityHelp.com launched with in 1998. I know I knmow... I'll get on it.

Anyway, thanks.

-EAK'11

Most Active