OT- Whats your favorite Hobby? Here's mine

Nic M
on 12/23/11 12:12 am
I know what you mean! I kind of hate dolls, actually. But I had these old Dawn dolls from the 70s. Do you remember those? They're like Barbies only smaller and less cute. Some look cross-eyed, even. Not on purpose, though.

Welllllll, I just happened to have them around so I tried out the dollhouse:

I did a whole narrative and was making myself laugh like a dork:

Poor Cindylou has lost her will to climb the stairs:

Careful, girls! Those stairs are steep!

Time for stretching before the party begins!

I amuse myself with such silliness.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

JAADE
on 12/23/11 12:18 am
RNY on 01/31/12
I wish you could come to my house and paint all my wood furniture! Your work is beautiful!!!!
Nic M
on 12/23/11 12:28 am
Thanks, Jaade! I looooooove painting furniture. I bought an armoire the other day and I can't wait to get started on that thing. The problem I have is wanting to do several different looks and then choosing only one! 

JAADE
on 12/23/11 1:34 am
RNY on 01/31/12
My house is 100 years old but every room is painted a bright bold color. I would love everything to look like Alice in Wonderland and that is what your style remind me of! I just adore it!
Nic M
on 12/23/11 1:37 am
The woman who sponsored the Nutcracker project specifically said, "Think Alice in Wonderland... the one with Johnny Depp."    Thanks again, for the nice words. I appreciate it! 

Jo 1962
on 12/24/11 2:23 am - NearHouston, TX
Nicci...your work is so awesome. You've created some very valuable looking pieces!  heh heh..I remember those dolls!!   They were so hippie-ish! 

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

Nic M
on 12/26/11 12:48 am
Thanks, Jolena!  I didn't have decent clothes for my dollies, so I decided that they'd rather hang out in their birthday suits.

UnRuli
on 12/23/11 12:08 am, edited 12/23/11 12:09 am - Plainwell, MI

What was my hobby is now my job......my life is AMAZING!

I just got my BFA in Illustration (after 15 years in the engineering field) and am currently working on my MFA.  I'm a free-lance illustrator and now teach illustration at the college level.

I drew all my life but never had any formal training until 5 years ago and it was at that time that I also finally learned to paint and sculpt.

Sorry, I can NEVER get my images to come up but I'll try anyway (it won't let me drag/drop -OH WAIT!!! I JUST HAD TO CHANGE TO A DIFFERENT EDITOR....WORKING NOW).

Oil on board:

Sculpey, Fabric & wood:

Watercolor:

GreenGardener
on 12/23/11 12:12 am
VSG on 06/02/09 with
 What an amazing talent - the watercolors look like photographs!  And the sculptures are incredible -- love the one with the guy drowning in credit cards. 
 SD:  6/09; HW:  263;  LW:  143; CW:  155; 5'5"; 62 yo
Nic M
on 12/23/11 12:29 am
I LOVE your work, UnRuli~ Love it!! 

Most Active