OT- Whats your favorite Hobby? Here's mine

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/11 12:35 am
That is really great!  All I could manage would be to make one of the rolls for the hair.  You did a great job on the face, which is the most challenging!
Jo 1962
on 12/24/11 2:17 am - NearHouston, TX
Cool Indian ...with Dreadlocks!

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

Amanda-DS
on 12/22/11 10:54 pm
I do beading and make awesome jewelry. I use my jewelry to uplift myself, my friends and to give to charitable organizations for fund raisers. 

I love waking up and deciding what piece to wear!

Also I travel quite a bit and buy a pendant each place we go, usually looking for other artists to buy from. I prefer something made by another artist than something manufactured in another country.
Gratitude is my attitude

Amanda-DS October 2001
highest >350/342 start of wls journey/ 192 @8years

glorydayz55
on 12/22/11 11:27 pm - Stockton, CA
ooohhh Jolena  I wish I could draw like you.  I'm a Happy Hooker... I crochet.. Have been crocheting for over 16 years.  Made tablecloths, wallhangings and every year for Christmas I make snowflakes to give to family and friends.  This year I didn't make as much because my neuropathy in my fingers started and it takes it seems forever to crochet one simple round.. But I carry on and finish what I started.  Next yar I'm going to teach myself knitting. I found some beaufitul shrugs I'd like to wear now that I'm down 56 lbs.  also want to lose another 70 lbs in 90 days.  do you think thats pushing it?  well either way 90 days or 190 days.
Merry Christmas and Happy 2012 to you and yours. 
love, Gloria
glorydayz55
Glorydayz55                
Jo 1962
on 12/24/11 2:21 am - NearHouston, TX
Thank you Gloria!  LOL..you Happy Hooker *G*  My mom crocheted like crazy most of her life.  During the last 5 years before she passed, she made hundreds of cat toys for a cat breeder she knew.  Her favortie cats were sealpoint siamese and Tonkenese cats.  I used to make counted cross stich designs of cats for her. Christamas for her was always easy...sigh.  (Hi mom..)

MERRY CHRISTMAS

~jolena

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

Nic M
on 12/22/11 11:47 pm, edited 12/22/11 11:50 pm
I love your drawings, Jolena! They're wonderfully done.

As you know, I'm an artist, too. It's my hobby and my full time job. (I've been like a factory the past few weeks... Christmastime= crazy busy= good!)

This is a dollhouse a client commissioned me to paint for his new granddaughter.  It was near completion here, but needed the base painted yet.

Still in the process of being decorated:

Then I had to try it out before handing it over to the client, of course.

I design and stage the windows of a local boutique and this chickadee bench went there:

Here are some large finials I painted... they make good book ends:

Here's my kitchen a couple of years ago when I was in a VERY COLORFUL time!

This was a formerly stark white ceiling fan and the client wanted an old world Italian feel, so we hauled the sucker down off the ceiling and I repainted the whole thing to blend with the rest of the room:

Here I am, doing my least favorite thing... on scaffolding... and my knees were probably shaking! I hate ladders and scaffolding!

Here's another bench... someone from this very site will recognize this! 

And, FINALLY...   the transformed Nutcracker I did for a local art center and arboretum  this year:  He was called, "All I Want For Christmas" and he stands in front of a dentist office. He's got the hugest toothbrush and the devil is telling him to "EAT CANDY" and the angel says, "Brush and floss!" 

I'll stop now! I LOVE talking about ART and I never shut up about it. Ever. And I talk and talk and talk and talk. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

M M
on 12/22/11 11:52 pm
 G O R G E O U S!

All of it.
Nic M
on 12/22/11 11:58 pm, edited 12/22/11 11:58 pm
Thank you! I'm lucky that I get to do what I love!

I even get to paint and transform bikes! This was so much fun!  (You wouldn't want to ride it, though! Oww.)

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

GreenGardener
on 12/23/11 12:06 am
VSG on 06/02/09 with
 OMG - My inner kid WANTS that doll house!!!!!
 SD:  6/09; HW:  263;  LW:  143; CW:  155; 5'5"; 62 yo
Most Active