OT- Whats your favorite Hobby? Here's mine

Jo 1962
on 12/22/11 6:54 am, edited 12/21/11 8:59 pm - NearHouston, TX
Some of you here on OH know that I like to draw. Well, I've been pretty busy this Christmas season making new pencil portraits. This is the one I completed and sold today:

I stopped at Hobby Lobby to pick up some more art supplies. (blending stumps, knead-able erasers, and Bristol board). While I was standing there trying to decide which size paper I needed, a young petite woman stopped me and asked if I were an artist. Hmm? Well..Yeah..I do pencil portraits, I offered. She explained that she has a ten year old daughter who is starting to draw a lot and wanted to get stuff she needed, and asked if the drawing book she picked out was a good choice. It wasn't bad, I told her BUT I know a better one , and walked over to the next aisle to get Lee Hammond's Big Book of Drawing, the very book that has helped me reach the level I'm at with my drawing. I spent about 15 minutes with her, answering her questions and just feeling excited that I might be helping a new artist...and helped a mom find the right present for her daughter.

well...off to wrap the rest of the presents..........

P.S. here's a few from my collection:

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

REININGCHICK
on 12/22/11 7:07 am - AZ
I show halter horses. they are like the body builders of the horse world.

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/11 12:41 am
Very cool!  I so miss horses.  I showed my Quarter horse when I was growing up.  I need to get back into horses.  :)
M M
on 12/22/11 7:07 am
 Gorgeous.

I love photography.  I am a super amateur with a broken camera at the moment -- but I really hope to delve back into it soon.  

DSC_2877
DSC_5617

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/11 10:01 pm
 Beautiful  MM !! 
M M
on 12/22/11 10:07 pm
 Thank you.

I have 11,000 photos out there -- but I really dropped the ball since I broke my camera.  It was my baby.  LOL.

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/11 7:13 am
Wow, this is so cool!  Great job everyone!  Sadly, I don't have a regular hobby.  I wanted a diversion before but let it go.  I am now inspired to work on it.  Some of my ocassional hobbies include hiking, fishing and travel.  But I want a regular hobby.
ericklein
on 12/22/11 10:02 am - Mission Viejo, CA
Cathy W.
on 12/22/11 7:32 am
That is beautiful! 

One of my hobbies is flying.  I obtained my pilot's license in 2001.  I love all things flying and aviation. 

I also enjoy photography but not very good at it but still like to take photos. 

Great topic!  Thanks.

Cathy
(deactivated member)
on 12/23/11 12:42 am
That's so cool Cathy.  You need to post a picture of you in the pilot's seat. 
Most Active