Mexico

NeffieBB
on 1/12/12 11:51 am, edited 1/12/12 11:52 am
 The only 2 surgeries I would consider having is either the bypass or the sleeve. At this point, I am so desperate for weight loss. Since I last posted I have gained 30lbs. No one local wants to help me and at this point Tijuana, Mexico is my only option. I don't c what else I can do b/c of finances and lack of insurance. Does anyone know of any type of discount health plans that cover this surgery?? I'm speaking of the type of plans that r not actually from an insurance provider...but discount health options where u pay monthly and it covers "elective" surgery. I don't know what else to do. It's gonna get to a point where no matter where I go they r gonna ask me to lose weight b4 I even have the surgery. I don't want that to happen. If anyone knows about any programs like that, please share. Or anyone who went to Tijauana, Mexico specifically to have the surgery. Thanks!! (*tears)
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/12 12:47 pm - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13
just out of curiousity why would you choose the bypass over a duodenal switch?  the sleeve is halfway there.  at least if you get the sleeve and things don't work out for you weight loss wise, you are halfway to a better procedure for you!

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 1/12/12 2:37 pm
Because they are a troll, and they pop on here with a new name ever few months to give props to a group of unethical surgeon (actually, one isn't - the clinic owner only claims to be) and the DS isn't in their repertoire, thank God.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 1/12/12 2:51 pm
On January 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM Pacific Time, NeffieBB wrote:
 The only 2 surgeries I would consider having is either the bypass or the sleeve. At this point, I am so desperate for weight loss. Since I last posted I have gained 30lbs. No one local wants to help me and at this point Tijuana, Mexico is my only option. I don't c what else I can do b/c of finances and lack of insurance. Does anyone know of any type of discount health plans that cover this surgery?? I'm speaking of the type of plans that r not actually from an insurance provider...but discount health options where u pay monthly and it covers "elective" surgery. I don't know what else to do. It's gonna get to a point where no matter where I go they r gonna ask me to lose weight b4 I even have the surgery. I don't want that to happen. If anyone knows about any programs like that, please share. Or anyone who went to Tijauana, Mexico specifically to have the surgery. Thanks!! (*tears)
I can only guess why if your so desperate for weight loss, that you have ruled out the most effective surgery for weight loss, maintenance, resolution of co-morbs, and the most normal post op eating, and insist that you need sleeve, or a surgery that instead can grace you with dumping, reactive hypoglycemia, and the inability to take any NSAIDs for pain, for LIFE, but if your plugging for the bettancourt almanza reyes "surgeon" I have a good enough idea. 

Any one insane enough to consider that group should look at this thread. Scroll down to Pumpkins posts, where she has once again dredged up some info on that place. I've read nothing but similar about these guys for the years I have been here, never met an actual happy customer of theirs yet.