company

Laurie T.
on 11/30/11 9:33 pm - MA
My best friend will be, but she's not really the issue. Her boyfriend left this morning and will not be returning. Thank goodness! I feel so much better already.

I'm glad someone understood where I was coming from. Thank you.
Miss Liss
on 11/30/11 11:54 pm
The thing is this.  You are not going to be able to live your life in a bubble once you have weight loss surgery.  You are going to be around food and all kinds of different food for the rest of your life and the sooner you learn to be around it without having to eat it, the better off you will be. 

I work in a big office where people are constantly bringing food in and putting it into the breakroom.  I have to go in there to fix my breakfast and lunch every day.  I can't make them quit putting goodies in there because I am a recovering food addict.  I have had therapy and attended support groups so that I can learn to live without food being in control.  I am in control.

I also have junk food in my house because I am not my husband's keeper.  I can't tell him what he can and cannot eat.  He doesn't have a weight problem nor does he have food issues.  He can eat just a little of something and be done.  I know where you are coming from and feel for you, but you really do need to realize that food is everywhere, and it still will be everywhere after surgery.  You can't expect everyone around you to change their eating habits for you. 

I wish you the best of luck with your surgery.  The best thing I ever did was start addressing my food issues in therapy before I had surgery.  I started about 3 months before surgery and continued therapy for 3 or so more years after.  I am finally in a place of peace around food.  And if I want something I eat it.  I am almost 8 years out from RNY and have kept my weight off.