Dr K . Labs

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/11 10:02 am
teachmid
on 11/28/11 9:37 am - OKC, OK
First of all, please come on over to the DS board. You'll find tons of information and support.

I had my labs done at 3 months and 6 months and just emailed him and asked that his staff email me a lab slip. I got it within a few minutes. Then...I passed it on to my PCP with request for a few additional things and anything she wanted to add. It's worked really well for me and I'll be requesting a slip for my one year labs in the next couple of weeks.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/11 9:43 am, edited 11/28/11 9:51 am
sandyv63
on 11/28/11 9:52 am - Naples, FL
No, no, no! Dr. K insists on labs done every three months the first year. I know because I just had this conversation with him.  After that it might be yearly but it depends on how your levels are trending. It could be every 6 months or he might want you to continue with the three month schedule. You can get the blood work order directly from his office or you can have your PCP write it up but if you do that, make sure to send Dr. K a copy of the results. You have the enormous good fortune of having the best surgeon in the world so take advantage of that. Yeah, so I'm a little biased...
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
Kelbell44
on 11/28/11 10:34 am
Thanks so much for all of your responses! I'm not sure if it's miss-communication....but she told me for sure DR. K orders labs ONCE per yr. I emailed back to ask again and have not got a response back yet. I had an appt. with my PCP today, so I took a list from here (thank-you) and he gave me an order for all my labs. :) I see DR. K again in the beginning of Jan. I will take him the results and talk to him about all of this then. Thank goodness I came to this site, I would have never known about this. I don't want anything to go wrong, it's very scary to me! I'm only 23, I have a long time to live with my DS and I want to do this right.
Dial_M.
on 11/28/11 2:25 pm - Los Angeles-ish, CA
Dr. K did my DS on 5/25/11. I, too, ask my PCP to run Vitalady's list of labs. I'm currently awaiting the results of my 6 month labs. If anything is off I e-mail Dr. K for supplement suggestions.

~Michelle

"Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for." ~Earl Warren