It's the most wonderful time of the year!

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/11 12:20 pm
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/11 11:19 pm - San Jose, CA
Yes, when you find "the one" you just know. 

Thanks for your reassuring comments about my son.  He is 26 - sad that he is so old and so immature.  But it is time that he faced the world without me being there as his safety net, and that he faced the REAL consequences of his stupidity and laziness, rather than just my wrath.

We always hope our kids will be able to learn the hard lessons from the experience of others.  My son seems to be one who needs to touch the stove to believe it's hot, and that the laws of nature apply to him.  Somehow, he's never been arrested, never been beaten up, never gotten hurt in a car accident - some of that is because I have protected him - I didn't let him get his license until he was 19, didn't let him be homeless when he wouldn't get a job - but he's on his own now.

My daughter is trying to reason with him, but he is avoiding talking to her.  I am taking the position that it's just a dinner, and there will be another one next year, when he has had time to consider more fully the consequences of his actions, and to apologize and beg forgiveness with sincerity.

We teach people how to treat us.  In this case, there is some remedial education involved.
Valerie G.
on 11/19/11 8:28 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
There's a reason some bird species push their babies out of the nest.   You did the right thing, Diana.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

codlover
on 11/17/11 2:51 pm - Celina, OH
D/S and having broccoli casserole ??????

You do live on the edge....that room is two doors down on the left !!!!!  No air freshener needed, since it will not help.

Please pass the dressing and GRAVY !!!!
Jim from Celina   328 Pounds...GONE !!!!!      
(deactivated member)
on 11/17/11 3:50 pm - San Jose, CA
When assessing the still limited real estate of my stomach for what I'm going to put in it for a holiday meal, green vegetables are pretty low on the list.  Corn bread stuffing wins.
MsBatt
on 11/18/11 10:30 am
On November 17, 2011 at 10:51 PM Pacific Time, codlover wrote:
D/S and having broccoli casserole ??????

You do live on the edge....that room is two doors down on the left !!!!!  No air freshener needed, since it will not help.

Please pass the dressing and GRAVY !!!!

I actually handle my mom's broccoli casserole pretty gas-free---it has a LOT of cheese in it, and a reasonable amount of rice. The deviled eggs treat me worse. (*grin*)

My guts handle corn-bead dressing very well, thank goodness!!! (I'd eat it ANYWAY.)
Elizabeth N.
on 11/17/11 11:02 pm, edited 12/31/11 6:28 am - Burlington County, NJ

Kim S.
on 11/17/11 11:40 pm - Helena, AL
Ms. Batt--be careful!  I AM close enough to show up!

Your menu sounds amazing!!  I usually do the big meal at my house but this year we are going to a friends house.  I'm bringing collard greens, sweet potato casserole, watergate salad and artichoke casserole.

I'll be amping up the cardio for the next few weeks to burn off all these goodies, because I'm not missing a bite of anything!

MsBatt
on 11/18/11 10:32 am
On November 18, 2011 at 7:40 AM Pacific Time, Kim S. wrote:
Ms. Batt--be careful!  I AM close enough to show up!

Your menu sounds amazing!!  I usually do the big meal at my house but this year we are going to a friends house.  I'm bringing collard greens, sweet potato casserole, watergate salad and artichoke casserole.

I'll be amping up the cardio for the next few weeks to burn off all these goodies, because I'm not missing a bite of anything!

Need directions? (*grin*)
mamakat
on 11/20/11 12:04 am
 Kim-
What is artichoke salad? Do you wish to share your recip[e??? LOL
Thanks,
MamaKat