Protein Cake Shake Recipe

beemerbeeper
on 10/10/11 10:34 am - AL
Several folks from this forum have asked for the recipe.  This is KaylaB's discovery on the DS forum but I make it about 4 times a day so I share it a lot.

How I make it:

3-4 T splenda
1 T packed dark cocoa
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 T oil
water to make a thin non grainy batter
Mix WELL.

I use a 20 oz heavy Corningware mug that I found at Walmart.  What you cook this IN varies the cook time.

Taste the batter.  If it tastes good the cake will too.  Nuke for 35-45 seconds.  If the result moves when you tip the mug it is liquid at the bottom (like a molten cake).  Do NOT over cook.

Top with something low carb and yummy.  I use Land O Lakes Sugar Free whipped cream.  Even cooked perfectly it is a little dry.

You MUST experiement with the amount of oil and water and the cook time.  But finding the right ratio for you will be well worth the effort.

The way I make it it has 26 protein and about 6 carbs.

~Becky

martitalinda
on 10/10/11 9:25 pm
 Definitely stealing and trying this! I need to make a stop at the store and having me a good evening treat today... 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Mary D.
on 10/12/11 2:52 am - Richmond, VA
Thank you for posting this! I have some protein cake mixes that I have used successfully, but it's always less expensive to make it from scratch. I'm goimg to give this a try today.

Mary D. 
Pre op: 260 lbs, 5'3"
Goal reached 14 months later: 130 lbs
Regain over next 3.5 years to a high of: 166 lbs
Current weight: 135.8 lbs and heading back to 130 lbs!!

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 10/12/11 7:07 am - Belleville, IL
Thank you for posting this...I tried it the other night and it came out really "crumbly" (fell apart) I nuked it for only 45 seconds (It was done). Wonder what I did wrong? It was pretty  "runny" and no "grainy".

There is also a neat "frosting" recipe Nik posted...
> www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4440291/Kittenlove-you-MAY-ha ve-invented-protein-cake-frosting/

Now you CAN have your cake and eat it too!  Wonder if there is a way to make a "Vanilla" version for those of us who are not chocolate fans?

Warmly,
Jackie

beemerbeeper
on 10/12/11 10:10 am - AL
I've never had it turn out crumbly.  But then I just eat it out of the mug I cook it in.  I think you just have to experiement with different amounts of oil and water and cooking times along with different mugs/cups to cook it in.

I don't know how you could make it vanilla. 

~Becky

martitalinda
on 10/13/11 11:14 pm
 OMG ... I shared your link in my threads on the MB and on my Group Share-it and on the RNY board ... it is to DIE FOR GOOD ... can you imagine I had it for breakfast????? and IT HIT THE SPOT AND A HALF lol....

thank you ... thank you... thank you... I mentioned you and copied your link in my thread this morning.  Hope you don't mind.  It did make me a few minutes late though as I had to MAKE one for my DD who INSISTED she NEEDED one cup of her own refusing to share mine LOL .... I think we have a new house meal/dessert/bfast you name it ... and I am not even a chocolate lover go figure ... I LOVED THIS!

beemerbeeper
on 10/14/11 1:22 am - AL
I'm glad you liked it.  Just tell the RnY world that one of those mean, rude, surgery war DSers shared it (grin).

~Becky

martitalinda
on 10/14/11 1:32 am
 I said my BEAUTIFUL SISTA Beemerbeeper shared it on the MB ...and I am sticking to my story cause I believe it ... I don't see mean LOL

dowalker
on 10/17/11 4:51 am - Fishers, IN
Sorry for being a man. Is the T for table or Tea spoons?
Thanks

Doug

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/17/11 4:56 am - Tuvalu

T = tablespoons
t = teaspoons