LAST BITE OF FOOD FOR 6-8 WEEKS. advice??

butercup
on 10/4/11 2:37 am - Kennewick, WA
You will be thinking about food every last minute of the day. I was supposed to do all clear liquid sugar free diet for 10 days before surgery. I made it to day 1 and a half. I was sick from it. Adding milk wouldn't have made it any better. I don't think this is a good plan at all.

You should check out the DS before making any final decisions. dsfacts.com
sdld2001
on 10/4/11 5:09 am - Summerville, SC
If this plan is coming from your surgeon or nutritionist I honestly would be afraid of their lack of decision making skills. This is not nutritionally sound in any way, shape, or form. It makes absolutely no sense AT all! If my surgeon had tried to push this one me, I would have found another surgeon ASAP. This could be a huge red flag and you should stand up and take note.
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8  
Emily F.
on 10/4/11 5:47 am
ummmm why??
beemerbeeper
on 10/4/11 6:09 am - AL
Who in the world has told you this is a good idea?  Four weeks of no protein?  You need to protein LOAD before major surgery not go into protein deficiency.

If your surgeon told you to do this you need to RUN away to another surgeon.

Very bad bad bad advice.

~Becky

Apple-Jax
on 10/4/11 3:58 pm
On October 4, 2011 at 1:09 PM Pacific Time, beemerbeeper wrote:
Who in the world has told you this is a good idea?  Four weeks of no protein?  You need to protein LOAD before major surgery not go into protein deficiency.

If your surgeon told you to do this you need to RUN away to another surgeon.

Very bad bad bad advice.

~Becky
i will be getting 100g of protein according to the plan.

Support Group for Fall 2011 WLS! Please come and join!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Fall_2011_WLS/

beemerbeeper
on 10/5/11 1:36 am - AL
Explain then where this 100 grams of protein is going to come from.  Because what you've told us is that you will drink milk 3 times a day. If that is 3 glasses of milk a day that is 24 grams of protein and a 36 grams of sugar.

It is a good think you didn't get the DS because you are a LAMB who can't think for herself.  The DS kills people like you.

Did you ask your idiot NUT for the literature that backs up her ridiculous program?  She can't show it to you because she pulled this idea out of her ass.

~Becky

Apple-Jax
on 10/5/11 3:46 pm, edited 10/5/11 3:52 pm
never said it was 3 8 ounce glasses. 
beemerbeeper
on 10/6/11 12:42 am - AL
You never explained where the 100 grams of protein was coming from either.  Obviously because you can't.

And as for people here being supportive?  Count up the number of people who have expressed concern over your pre-op diet.  Those people are ALL trying to support you.  They don't want you to make this huge mistake.

That IS support.  Of the most important kind.

~Becky

harmerel194
on 10/4/11 8:25 am
This is something I'm really concerned about too. I cook every night. I love to cook, Plus I am a single mother of a 4 year old. I'm worried about who will cook for him if I'm not able to... :(
Apple-Jax
on 10/4/11 4:00 pm
On October 4, 2011 at 3:25 PM Pacific Time, harmerel194 wrote:
This is something I'm really concerned about too. I cook every night. I love to cook, Plus I am a single mother of a 4 year old. I'm worried about who will cook for him if I'm not able to... :(
i say frozen lean cuisines and toddler type meals!  also could buy the precooked chicken chunks and open some veggies or fruit.  keep it super simple! 
Most Active