LAST BITE OF FOOD FOR 6-8 WEEKS. advice??

glzgowlass
on 10/4/11 12:38 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
I was only on a two day clear liquid diet before surgery, but even then I asked my husband (who hates to cook) to sort food out for him and our son. 

Also, I would have to agree with other posters, this 4 week skim milk sounds very extreme.  I've heard of people doing a two week optifast or full liquid diet, but that included yogurt, jello, broth etc.

Maybe you should seek a second opinion from another nutritionist? 

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

duranie512
on 10/4/11 1:41 am - OH
The first couple of weeks after surgery I didn't cook at all.  I had my boyfriend and daughter cook.  Now that I am able to eat more foods, I do the cooking but I try to find things that are high protien cause I can't stand the protien drinks.  Good Luck!!
poet_kelly
on 10/4/11 2:07 am - OH
There are a couple things you can do about feeding the family.  You can still cook for them, of course, if you want.  You can prepare and serve simpler meals if you don't want to have to do a lot of cooking.  Like, have make your own burrito  night, or make your own sandwich, and just put the fixings on the table.  Or you can assign family members each a night to be in charge of dinner.  Even if your kids are pretty young, they can be in charge of making dinner.  They can make simple things like salads or sandwiches, and you could help as needed.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Apple-Jax
on 10/4/11 3:49 pm
On October 4, 2011 at 9:07 AM Pacific Time, poet_kelly wrote:
There are a couple things you can do about feeding the family.  You can still cook for them, of course, if you want.  You can prepare and serve simpler meals if you don't want to have to do a lot of cooking.  Like, have make your own burrito  night, or make your own sandwich, and just put the fixings on the table.  Or you can assign family members each a night to be in charge of dinner.  Even if your kids are pretty young, they can be in charge of making dinner.  They can make simple things like salads or sandwiches, and you could help as needed.
those are good ideas, i thought about cooking up chicken or ground beef etc and then my husband can make it into tacos or speghetti etc, so i am not cooking every day.

Support Group for Fall 2011 WLS! Please come and join!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Fall_2011_WLS/

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/11 2:12 am - San Jose, CA
I would go to a different surgeon.  One who does the DS.  That diet sounds utterly insane.
Apple-Jax
on 10/4/11 3:51 pm
On October 4, 2011 at 9:12 AM Pacific Time, DianaCox wrote:
I would go to a different surgeon.  One who does the DS.  That diet sounds utterly insane.
there was only one place doing ds anywhere near here and they have stopped unless it is an extreme case.  believe me, it was my fisrt choice.

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/11 4:22 am - San Jose, CA
If you are referring to OHSU, trust me, you didn't want to use them anyway.  Check out Srikanth in the Seattle area.  Many people have to travel for a DS - if you want the DS, you need to open your mind to other options.
Ladytazz
on 10/6/11 10:52 am, edited 10/6/11 10:54 am
With a starting BMI of 67 I would say you are an extreme case.  Sorry.  I do agree with Diana though.  Run from OHSU.  You really aren't that far from Srikanth.  I had some plastic surgery in Tacoma a while back and it really wasn't a big deal to travel there and back.  I wish I knew about him in 2002.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

oxfordcat
on 10/4/11 2:34 am - NJ
my surgery is Nov 1 too.  I am not on any restrictions, except to watch my sugars and carbs until the time of surgery and to get on a "schedule" of sorts with pills, and stuff. 

Good luck to you.  Maybe we can be buddies.

Catherine
Apple-Jax
on 10/4/11 3:53 pm
On October 4, 2011 at 9:34 AM Pacific Time, oxfordcat wrote:
my surgery is Nov 1 too.  I am not on any restrictions, except to watch my sugars and carbs until the time of surgery and to get on a "schedule" of sorts with pills, and stuff. 

Good luck to you.  Maybe we can be buddies.

Catherine
would love to!! i started a group from fall 2011 wls, you should come on over!

Most Active