Dr. Almanza - Patient Coordinators, payments, general questions,?

MegaMom
on 9/21/11 8:04 am - Cabot, AR
 I, like many people, are limited to funding. I am open to suggestions on surgeons that are in the same price range of $4500 - $5000 for the gastric sleeve.  I am NOT doing this for weight loss reasons even though I am VERY overweight.  I am doing this because I need the "sick" part of my stomach removed.  I am also open to suggested surgeons in the U.S.  At one point I found one that was doing surgery for $8000 but I can not find that info again.

Thank you all so much for your replies. God Bless
MsBatt
on 9/21/11 10:50 am
I am doing this because I need the "sick" part of my stomach removed.

Please elaborate on this!
CriscoNinja
on 12/15/11 2:39 pm
DS on 06/05/12
 Here's her explanation on verticalsleevetalk:

2. MegaMom MegaMom - permalink
    Woo Hoo getting the scope today before I ever venture out to get the surgery out of the country. Even though I am over weight, I am not just doing it for that reason. I have endogastris ( different from gastritis because the lining of my stomach is messed up too ) After I get the scope, I will know for sure whether or not surgery is the best thing. I am sure it is since I was told in 2006 I needed a bypass lol.. I wish everyone the greatest success with their surgery and their own personal odyssey. 
    Best Wishes,
    Dee
Well I used to have a link here, but you know how that goes...
Elizabeth N.
on 9/21/11 11:32 am, edited 12/30/11 8:56 am - Burlington County, NJ

MARIA F.
on 9/21/11 12:20 pm - Athens, GA

A good surgeon is going to cost more. There is a reason he is that cheap!

There are some excellent bariatric surgeons in Mexico. Reasonable rates. I undertand finances, but do NOT base you decision on price alone. That can be dangerous.

FormerlyFluffy.com

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/11 5:26 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Well I see you have gone ahead and had surgery with Almanza...How are you doing and which surgery did you get.
adkmtngirl
on 12/1/11 7:19 am - Brant Lake, NY
 Not a single post from the original poster since September. 
Kristina

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/11 8:46 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Hopefully she is doing well and is just out their living a healthy and happy life.
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/11 8:30 am
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/11 8:50 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Thank you
Looking at her surgery date she did go ahead with it and is probably still healing. I wonder where she is getting her on line support from though. I really hopes she checks in with us, so she can tell us that she is doing fine and we were wrong. I can live with her telling me how wrong I was...I really can

. I wish her nothing but the best.