WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT -- $4,000 PROGRAM FEE!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/11 10:21 pm
I didn't think he did, thought that was strange given her screen name.  But now her screen name is "deactivated member" so moot point.  :)

Thanks EN!
Elizabeth N.
on 8/23/11 11:26 pm - Burlington County, NJ
I think she registered with that name because that's where her thinking started. She appeared to be learning fast, then this. Geeze, you don't like one surgeon's way of doing things, you go to a different surgeon. Easy peasy. Well okay, not SO easy with the DS since there are so few surgeons, but I have little if any sympathy for this kind of tantrum since I had no insurance coverage for my DS.

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/11 5:53 am
I hear ya!  I'm the moron who paid cash for my BAND.  I would pay $4000 just to have it out! 

"Tantrum" is the exact word.  You are so right.  As usual. 
Sarah F.
on 8/23/11 10:15 am, edited 8/22/11 10:17 pm
I just got the booklet yesterday for Dr K but hadn't meet for the consult yet.
Thank you for bringing up this topic. I honestly had no clue that surgeons where charging fees over what they are getting from insurance.
I didn't know that was legal either.
This topic did put it in the spotlight and now i know and have learned something. When i go to the consult hopefully i will be over the sticker shock have been prepared for it.
I was really wondering what the cost would be.....

I know i'm totally new at this. I didn't think it would be free but its really nice to know ahead of time and get a chance to digest it.
(deactivated member)
on 8/23/11 10:22 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
So are you really considering the lap band ? If you go ahead with the lap band, I can guarantee you that you are going to end up being LIVID with yourself.

DON'T GET THE DAMN BAND !    Noooooooo
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 8/23/11 10:27 am
 I see Sue scared the face right offa her avie

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/11 10:33 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
That ******g Sue chick is always scaring the **** outta everybody ( and sometimes their faces ).
(deactivated member)
on 8/23/11 11:14 am
kait8513
on 8/23/11 11:41 am - FL
RNY on 02/06/12
My doctor does not charge a program fee, but he is only one of about 3 doc's in FL that take medicaid.  I am one of those poor people... I guess medicaid thinks it is cheaper for them to help me with the surgery versus the long term affects being overweight would cause!

I am what is considered a "shar of cost" patient, meaning our medical bills (as a family) have to exceed 1800 a month before they pay for them.  With this said, I am having to pay for the majority of my appointments (NUT, psych, and consults, follow-ups) out of pocket.  Granted they will not come out to 4k, BUT I can understand if this fee covers that why I would pay it.  (Plus, the cost of living is higher in CA)

I think you get what you pay for.  Unfortunately, many of us cannot pay these exceedingly excessive costs.  I am fortunate that the doc I am with who takes medicaid loves what he does and is good at it, I would opt to stay fat rather than have a butcher play with my innards!
--Kaitlyn
Starting Weight:275     Surgery Weight:255   "That which does not kill us makes us stronger" 

BethR311
on 8/23/11 11:54 am - Fort Wayne, IN
I'm not real happy about the program fees I have to pay either.  My surgeon is three hours away one way and I will not be attending their support groups, etc.  Luckily another hospital in state runs a local group I can attend.

But it's not like I can just go to any hospital or doctor anywhere and have this done.  So I make the best of it. 

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
Most Active