Two reasons why the Lap Band can't possibly work for everyone.

Elizabeth N.
on 8/17/11 12:22 am - Burlington County, NJ
Nah, the writing style is too different.

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 11:35 pm - Lancaster, OH
On August 17, 2011 at 6:06 AM Pacific Time, Undecided_2 wrote:
Robyn,

I so agree with you, there seems to be a mafia here on Obesity Help, that wants to lead everyone else down a very dangerous path and get THEIR surgery type. I noticed it's only those that have a DS or Sleeve that is doing the bullying. I was thinking about the Sleeve, but I've changed my mind about getting it because it's not reversible and the stomach may stretch down the road and I will still be left without my stoma*****ase I need it one day..lol, their posts really indicate they are hurting and hiding something, something  is suspicious about them, it's like a cult and a dangerous one at that.

I am not pro or against any surgery, I just want to have a tool to assist me while I exercise, not a tool that will do all the work and risk killing me too..lol

I think we all have this vision that weight loss surgery is suppose to do all the work for us, my sister has already warned me about the lap band, she has told me about the "urge" to have it adjusted to tightly which causes so many people complications and removal, I think I have been warned about the lap band, so I will know how to deal with it and I already know that it requires a lot of work on my part, this is the price I will pay for a healthy life.
OMG!!!!!

A Mafia?

JJ, statchu?
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/11 12:14 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On August 17, 2011 at 6:06 AM Pacific Time, Undecided_2 wrote:
Robyn,

I so agree with you, there seems to be a mafia here on Obesity Help, that wants to lead everyone else down a very dangerous path and get THEIR surgery type. I noticed it's only those that have a DS or Sleeve that is doing the bullying. I was thinking about the Sleeve, but I've changed my mind about getting it because it's not reversible and the stomach may stretch down the road and I will still be left without my stoma*****ase I need it one day..lol, their posts really indicate they are hurting and hiding something, something  is suspicious about them, it's like a cult and a dangerous one at that.

I am not pro or against any surgery, I just want to have a tool to assist me while I exercise, not a tool that will do all the work and risk killing me too..lol

I think we all have this vision that weight loss surgery is suppose to do all the work for us, my sister has already warned me about the lap band, she has told me about the "urge" to have it adjusted to tightly which causes so many people complications and removal, I think I have been warned about the lap band, so I will know how to deal with it and I already know that it requires a lot of work on my part, this is the price I will pay for a healthy life.
You truly are disgusting.
Phyllis C.
on 8/17/11 1:19 am, edited 8/17/11 1:20 am
Congratulations Undecided!!!

I knew you were a perfect candidate for the band from the very get go.  People who have had both a band and a sleeve have cautioned you on their experience and you still insist on getting a band. 

Oh, I know your reasons are noble.  Wanting to hold on to a stomach that has only aided in getting you fat is a very wise thing.  Putting a strangle hold on your stomach that may eventually eat into your stomach and cause permanent damage makes much more sense.

When people warn me that jumping off a cliff might kill me, I listen. I am kind of a chicken that way.   Evidently, you like taking risks for no good reason, very very brave of you.

Thanks for being so obtuse.  It gives all of us with some experience a chance to to get some information out to those who may be paying attention.

Even if you are a troll.....

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

Amy R.
on 8/17/11 7:25 am
"I think I have been warned about the lap band, so I will know how to deal with it and I already know that it requires a lot of work on my part, this is the price I will pay for a healthy life."

Truly, for your sake, I honestly hope this is the ONLY price you will "pay for a healthy life".  Unfortunately, the odds are against you and chances are that this "price", as you call it, will be higher than  you ever imagined.

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 11:56 pm, edited 8/16/11 1:17 pm
Can we please keep this discussion civil?  I realize you are passionate about this topic, but name calling really is not called for (except to bash the band, LOL!).  Thank you.

Pumpkin - thank you for posting that information on the esophagus and spasms.  That makes soooo much sense to me now.  When I eat a large percentage of the time the food just does not 'move' down.  :(
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 1:36 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
Check out this link and then see if your surgeon or PCP can order you this test.There is a lot of really useful links here.

What is achalasia?

www.medicinenet.com/achalasia/article.htm#tocb

Esophageal manometry

Another test, esophageal manometry, can demonstrate specifically the abnormalities of muscle function that are characteristic of achalasia, that is, the failure of the muscle of the esophageal body to contract with swallowing and the failure of the lower esophageal sphincter to relax. For manometry, a thin tube that measures the pressure generated by the contracting esophageal muscle is passed through the nose, down the back of the throat and into the esophagus. In a patient with achalasia, no peristaltic waves are seen in the lower half of the esophagus after swallows, and the pressure within the contracted lower esophageal sphincter does not fall with the swallow. In patients with vigorous achalasia, a strong simultaneous contraction of the muscle may be seen in the lower esophageal body. An advantage of manometry is that it can diagnose achalasia early in its course at a time at which the video-esophagram may be normal.

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/11 12:03 am - Lancaster, OH
On August 16, 2011 at 8:17 PM Pacific Time, Robby T. wrote:
   Can we please keep this discussion civil?  I realize you are passionate about this topic, but name calling really is not called for (except to bash the band, LOL!).  Thank you.

Pumpkin - thank you for posting that information on the esophagus and spasms.  That makes soooo much sense to me now.  When I eat a large percentage of the time the food just does not 'move' down.  :(
I'm so sorry, I missed that part where you were appointed "Board Monitor".  Was that a thread topic, or was there a general announcement made, and I just missed it?
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/11 12:55 am
On August 17, 2011 at 7:03 AM Pacific Time, Caprice wrote:
On August 16, 2011 at 8:17 PM Pacific Time, Robby T. wrote:

I'm so sorry, I missed that part where you were appointed "Board Monitor".  Was that a thread topic, or was there a general announcement made, and I just missed it?
Dear sweet 8 lb 6 oz baby Jesus!!!  Where in the hell did this come from?

I just did not think it was appropriate to be name-calling!

Take a break from the sarcasm for a while.
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/11 2:10 am - Lancaster, OH
And YOU feel free to kiss my saggy behind.

I don't really care what you think is appropriate.  This is a public forum.  If you don't like it, don't read it.
Most Active