Two reasons why the Lap Band can't possibly work for everyone.

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 11:34 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I'm glad your band is working for you, I really am, but you need to understand that I am not  trying
" to run down" the band. It is a seriously flawed product that does more harm then good. This is not about dissing your surgery choice. It's about an unsafe product that should have been recalled years ago.

I don't expect you to understand.

Nic M
on 8/16/11 12:00 pm
One year out.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 11:37 am - San Jose, CA
"The type of op chosen is not as important as the decision to do something and to achieve that weight loss goal."

That is a completely FALSE turd of utter nonsense.

Have you not heard of the scientific method?  Have you not heard of statistics?  Abso-damn-lutely the type of operation is at LEAST as important as the desire to lose weight, which never helped a damned one of us in the past.  Your statement is psychobabble nonsense.

Let's see what you're saying in 2-4 years from now.  Let's see if your "positive decision" is providing you with the effect you delusionally think it is giving you now, in your first year out.
robyns1
on 8/16/11 11:44 am - Christchurch New Zealand, New Zealand
 wow, such vitriol.  If you read my sentence carefully, you will see that I do not say that the type of op chosen is not important, I say it is not as important as the decision to have it.  In other words, of course the type of op chosen is important, but a sense of perspective is needed in discussing other ops, to keep in mind that there is not one op for all, and each person needs to choose the best op for them, so running down the band which seems to be the sport at the moment, is not only not helpful if loses sight of what is MOST important.  That is, what is most important is supporting other people on their surgery journey, whatever op they choose.  A lesson in tolerance I fear may be lost on you. Also you would have noticed if you had read my post more carefully, I am not anti anyone for changing their minds due to complications or finding that their choice did not work for them further down the track, something I would expect from everyone, though not I get the feeling, from you.

Robyn

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 12:45 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
' I support every post op lap bander,and I try to educate the pre ops in hopes that by sharing my experience which by the way is not uncommon will help them to make an informed choice. I don't rag on post op bandsters unless I see them posting false and/or dangerous information.
robyns1
on 8/16/11 11:38 am - Christchurch New Zealand, New Zealand
 I can hear your pain, but I have to say it does not seem that you read my post carefully or understood the points I made. I wish you all the best with your choices and hope you achieve your goals.

Robyn

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 11:41 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On August 16, 2011 at 6:38 PM Pacific Time, robyns1 wrote:
 I can hear your pain, but I have to say it does not seem that you read my post carefully or understood the points I made. I wish you all the best with your choices and hope you achieve your goals.

Robyn
I understood it and I wasn't upset with you. I just don't think anyone can truly understand that hasn't experienced it for themselves or have watched a friend or loved one suffer from it.
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 11:06 pm - Rockville, MD
Robyn,

I so agree with you, there seems to be a mafia here on Obesity Help, that wants to lead everyone else down a very dangerous path and get THEIR surgery type. I noticed it's only those that have a DS or Sleeve that is doing the bullying. I was thinking about the Sleeve, but I've changed my mind about getting it because it's not reversible and the stomach may stretch down the road and I will still be left without my stoma*****ase I need it one day..lol, their posts really indicate they are hurting and hiding something, something  is suspicious about them, it's like a cult and a dangerous one at that.

I am not pro or against any surgery, I just want to have a tool to assist me while I exercise, not a tool that will do all the work and risk killing me too..lol

I think we all have this vision that weight loss surgery is suppose to do all the work for us, my sister has already warned me about the lap band, she has told me about the "urge" to have it adjusted to tightly which causes so many people complications and removal, I think I have been warned about the lap band, so I will know how to deal with it and I already know that it requires a lot of work on my part, this is the price I will pay for a healthy life.
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 11:16 pm, edited 8/16/11 11:18 pm
you sound familiar - are you the young man who had a blog he wanted to share?

either way - your posts w/the giggles / lol's / funny & haha's are very insensitive on threads where lapband patients are sharing their complications.   it's really not funny.

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 11:28 pm, edited 8/16/11 11:48 pm - Rockville, MD
No, I am a woman in my mid 30s, who needs to lose about 80 pounds safely and have a tool to help me maintain my weight loss. Is that a crime?
Most Active