NO Weight Loss yet 15 days post op ds ???????? help me understand please

roxi's mom
on 8/8/11 6:29 am - TN
i have my records and xray and i would never go back to that office again.  i am trying to get in with a dr here locally.  i was self pay and my insurance didnt cover.  hope to get in with a dr this week.
jerseyjuji
on 8/8/11 1:21 pm
 wow. I just read your hospital account. Sorry it was such a nightmare! I hope you will be able to find a doctor who will review your records and let you know exactly what was done to you...please keep us posted.
roxi's mom
on 8/8/11 9:23 pm - TN
thanks sweetie me too.
teachmid
on 8/9/11 4:06 am - OKC, OK
It sounds like your weight loss at this point should not be an issue. It will come but it may take time. I tend to be impatient too and just had to accept that it is what it is.

Do you have a PCP? What plans did you have for post op follow up locally? Many surgeons will shy away from taking on another surgeon's patient this early out.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Mary Catherine
on 8/8/11 3:55 am
 I was up to 176 and oral medications were no longer providing enough help for diabetes.  My doctor said RNY would be a better choice than insulin.  He said that insulin would put 30 pounds on me no matter how much I dieted and exercised. I thought RNY was overkill.  Insulin immediately added 20 pounds, but good blood sugar control.

Ten years later, I was up to 207 and blood sugars too high.  When the doctor suggested another oral pill, I said I was ready for RNY. I did not know about DS or the switch.  Four years after RNY I am again concerned about diabetes.  It recurs in many RNY post-ops after five years.

I believe the best choice available now is DS.  It should give long term malabsorption as well as freedom from diabetes.

Most Active