NO Weight Loss yet 15 days post op ds ???????? help me understand please

roxi's mom
on 8/9/11 5:30 am - TN
thanku but a lot of these people on here are very mean.  i dont like that, and wont come back on here if thats the way it is but thanku for ur help. is like high school.  yuck
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 5:35 am
There's good and bad everyplace in life.. not everyone is going to talk to you exactly the way you want.. and sometimes honest answers are har****'s your choice, but frankly I think it would be very unwise to not take advantage of the knowledge offered to you. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
roxi's mom
on 8/9/11 5:59 am - TN
U r right that people don't talk to you like u want all the time but I have to say that there seems to be soooooo many angry people in here. Seems that'd be happier. With their life now that they have a new one that is after surgery. I am just typically happy and a nice person so is just surprises me a little is all I guess I will just block the ones that all but call me an idiot and move on. Thank u for ur help. Melissa
MsBatt
on 8/8/11 1:44 pm
If they told you that you had a DS then you did.

Frankly, that's a very foolish statement. Her surgeon is a known butcher and liar. He may well have told her anything. (For example, if I told you I could fly, would that mean I really could?)
roxi's mom
on 8/9/11 4:58 am - TN
ladies yall have lost me, i dunno what you all are talking about.  i can read, so i dont know if thats directed to me or not.  i just ask a question. and thanks to any of you who was nice and responded kindly. 
MsBatt
on 8/10/11 12:03 pm
OH is supposed to send you an e-mail whenever someone responds to a post you've made, but it doesn't always. On some browsers (not mine) a reply will show indented under the post it's replying to.
Emily F.
on 8/8/11 3:56 am
You had IV fluids for several days. It will take at least the two weeks just to pee out all those fluids and then you are swollen from him being in your belly moving and cutting all around. You should not worry for one second about weight loss. Your focus should be on HEALING. Get off the scale and focus on fluids and taking care of yourself.
roxi's mom
on 8/8/11 6:02 am - TN
thanks emily
roxi's mom
on 8/8/11 6:08 am - TN
i do too and all i read about it was great, i know i didnt have that much left to loose.  but i can never get past that point and the dr just started me on bp meds so i decided this was the extreme it would take to change my life.  i just hope that i do start losing some.  i pray u do not get diabetes back again. 
jerseyjuji
on 8/8/11 6:23 am
 Ask for a transcript of your surgical records....as long as you've paid your bill, they are your property and your right to have.  Haven't you had a follow up visit yet?  Most drs see their post surgical patients frequently after surgery, no matter which surgery...it it's been 15 days, I would think you've had at least 1 follow up visit.  Were you self pay? If not, what were you approved (bt insurance) for?? You usually get a copy of that prior to surgery.
Most Active