NO Weight Loss yet 15 days post op ds ???????? help me understand please

MsBatt
on 8/8/11 12:37 am
No wonder your weight loss is so slow! The less you have to lose, the slower it goes. Let's look at per centages, okay?

At surgery, you weighed 192, and your goal is 135---which means your excess weight is only 57 pounds. You've lost 4, which is nearly 10% of your excess weight. Compare that to someone who needs to lose 100 pounds---they'ev have to lose 10 pounds to equal your weight loss.

And frankly, with so little to lose, I think you'd be better off with just a Sleeve. The DS I over-kill for 57 pounds.
roxi's mom
on 8/8/11 12:52 am - TN
i understand ur thinking on the ds being over kill, but i know who i am and long term i will over eat and stretch my stomach is my fear, so i wanted the malabsoprtion for the long term.  i have been up 90 and down 50 up 80 down 20 my whole life and im sick of living like that.  i just want to be a normal size and stay that way. so thats why i chose the ds.  felt it was a permanent .  oh and by the way 57 is where i ended up ive lost about 50 before the surgery and all on my own but got stuck there as usual.
Elizabeth N.
on 8/8/11 4:31 am - Burlington County, NJ

Okay. You went into the DS with 66 pounds to lose. Now I know why you went to the surgeon you did, because I find it difficult to imagine any reputable DS surgeon seeing you.

That notwithstanding, let us put this ACTUAL weight loss, four pounds and not "nothing," into perspective. It is seven percent of your excess weight in TWO WEEKS. If someone had 100 pounds to lose, the same percentage would be seven pounds in two weeks. I had 240 pounds to lose, so for me that would have been 16.8 pounds in two weeks....And that is MORE than I lost in that time. All water, of course, because that's exactly how the early loss works.

It's time for you to get realistic about your situation. And please be more accurate about your reporting, because four pounds is a lot more than no pounds.

Pupcake !.
on 8/8/11 3:55 am - Stranded in, IA
Hang in there Melissa, the weight loss will come.

If they told you that you had a DS then you did.

If you can't remember- call the surg and ask.

The negative remarks and the accusations of trolling is because you DARE to say somthing negative about the best, most perfect, lowest riskof regain, highest weight loss, minimal problem ideally perfect surgery- The DS

Pup

No surgery has been harmed/defamed by the writer of this post.  
RNY 10/28/03 305# 8/11/04 147#  9 years out and >75% EWL!

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/8/11 5:51 am
 Pupcake, please don't encourage this poster to see her original surgeon. Although she didn't know what a terrible reputation that place had before, she does now, and she needs a surgeon that is trustworthy and HONEST, and unlike bettancourt, actually a real doctor. 

As for the DS BS, that's apparently just a sore spot with you, as I don't see her saying anything negative about any surgery, and I don't see anyone defending the DS. I looks like you responded here without actually even reading the post.

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/11 6:27 am - Lancaster, OH
Nah, she just has reading comprehension issues.

Goes back to the beginning of the year when Diana made an informational post on several boards about the DS, directed at Pre-ops.  She didn't understand that part, either.
Pupcake !.
on 8/8/11 8:06 am - Stranded in, IA
Oh yes I remember her Anti-RNY/DS is God's gift to life inaccurate diatrabe that she posted "for newbies only" so when anyone tried to clarify the misleading statements she didn't have to back anything up with fact.

Scary when one can't give information without knocking other types of surgeries.

Or when a person can't post a message without an insulting reply from someone who they do not even know.

(you will also not that no surgery was harmed in the writing of this post)

Pup

No surgery has been harmed/defamed by the writer of this post.  
RNY 10/28/03 305# 8/11/04 147#  9 years out and >75% EWL!

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/11 5:28 pm - San Jose, CA
Poor bitter girl.
roxi's mom
on 8/9/11 5:04 am - TN
i dont think anything negative about the ds, i wanted that surgery because it seemed the best for me.  i am confused are some people on her just mad about everything or what.  i am just on here asking about things i dunno but ive had 3 ladies be so mean. well thanks anyway.  i do know what i had done and dont have to ask my doctor. i had a ds and researched the heck out of it.  i was just concerned cause no weight loss was all. thanku
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 5:21 am
just a heads up- the four posts right above are NOT directed at you. You can tell by the way they are indented that they are replying to someone else.. Don't be so quick to think people are coming down on you! I see you have several very helpful people in your corner- including Elizabeth, do lean on them for help as they have some very keen insight..
Most Active