NO Weight Loss yet 15 days post op ds ???????? help me understand please

AllieInOntario
on 8/7/11 10:56 pm
I just want to ring in here... my BMs weren't paint peeling from the get go.  Occasionally yes, but most often, not really.
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

roxi's mom
on 8/8/11 12:12 am - TN
thank u michel, i think everyone is different and i havent given any details like that on here.  they r assuming i guess cause i never said i recovered one way or the other.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/8/11 5:37 am
 On the other post you were talking about an easy recovery, with things like stairs. The folks there gave good advice, and the things they asked were to help you figure things out. This is all in addition to the fact that no one knows of your surgeon actually doing the DS, and having a dirt bag reputation, so there is some worry you didn't get what you thought you were getting.

Add to that your posts of not losing. I wouldn't have lost with just a sleeve either, so this only makes us more concerned.
roxi's mom
on 8/7/11 11:54 pm - TN
i have read them all and am trying to find a dr to take me in.  waiting for dr houstons office to call me today.  i am also concerned about what procedure i received but i never said i had an easy recovery and am still struggling.  i have had some over smelly bathroom issues and some just normal and a lot of diarrea.  even if i just got the sleeve which i am pretty positive i did get that part at least because of how full and hard to get liquids in and all. then i still should have lost weight at this point right?
PinkButtafli
on 8/7/11 3:22 pm - Covington, GA
Wow Wow Wow is all I can say right now. I just read your testimony on your page and I am speechless. 15 days post op and no weight loss? You really need to contact this doctor and not rely the opinions of Dsers on OH. We are not experts although many of us are very knowledgeable about the lifestyle we chose because we have done our homework and we continue to do so. I lost weight before I even left the hospital. At this point you really need to seek the expertise of a medical professional and maybe not your surgeon because he certainly does not sound like a medical professional.  Sorry if I sound harsh. I don't mean to but I really feel sorry for you.

roxi's mom
on 8/7/11 11:57 pm - TN
i am trying my best to get into anoher dr last week, no luck but am waiting on a call today hopefully.  i am worried thats why i ask but you know some of the people on here are crazy.  they get mean and call you a troll.  i thought this site was to help people like me.  thank you for YOUR kindness. i will let you know what dr SAYS ASAP.  thanks
melissa
Mary Catherine
on 8/7/11 10:52 pm
 Melissa,

I believe you never posted your beginning and your goal weights.  I remember you having a BMI of 31.  I am going to guess that you started at about 180 and need to lose about 40 pounds to get to a healthy BMI of 24 to 25 and about 140 pounds.

That 40 pounds is probably going to take about six months to come off.  Just because you had surgery, you are not going to melt. Your body will adjust to your surgery and lose at its own pace.  Your surgery is still only a tool.  You will need to use the tool to help you to stay on a healthy diet and exercise plan.

If you had started at more than 100 pounds overweight, then it would be alarming to only lose 1pound in 15 days.  You need to start with big numbers in order to drop big numbers.  The surgery will give you a tool to keep you at a healthy weight.  It probably will not keep you model thin.

Mary Catherine
roxi's mom
on 8/7/11 11:49 pm - TN
hi

I started pre op at 201 and goal is 135.  I lost a lot on my own but then could go no further on my own so chose this route.  ive been up and down forever and as high as 247. so was tired of all that.  i do understand this is a tool.  my concern and questions were just because i am on liquids mostly still and with the small amount ive gotten in then i would think i would have lost regardless of the surgery.  guess i should have known better. thanks
melissa
Mary Catherine
on 8/8/11 12:01 am
 I understand.  I was 207 when at my first visit to the surgeon.  I was 195 on the day of surgery and 209 the next morning. I did lose the surgery fluid weight after about a week.  It took me 18 months to get to 128.  I had RNY, but think DS is the better choice for a person who has been dieting for years and still above 200.   I have gained back to 145 now that my malabsorption is gone.  With DS the malabsorption stays for life.
roxi's mom
on 8/8/11 12:15 am - TN
thank you.  i was 201 when scheduled surgery and at 192 with preop diet and now im at 188. so is actually 4 lbs now. so i guess it may just be super slow for me, like you possibly.  well ok i can deal with that. i just didnt think thats howd it be.  as long as i get to my goal i will take it.  thank you sweetie have a good day. congrats to u
Most Active