DO NOT USE JERASLUEM HOSPITAL

MARIA F.
on 7/31/11 9:12 am - Athens, GA

I have been researching a revision in Mexico for several months. There are some excellent Drs. in Mexico. However I have heard too many horror stories about Almanza and his "hospital".

Also the man that owns the clinic is NOT a Dr. He was previously claiming to be a Dr. and on the Mexico forum someone posted proof that his medical license was a fake. I guess he thinks that is forgotten so he is now claiming to be a Dr. again. Also there seems to be NO follow up care there. The actual Dr. never sees the patients after the surgery. The one that does the post-op "exam" is the clinic owner or the cook. The also used to have a teenage girl working at the "recovery house" that they claimed was a nurse but she was not either. Very dangerous place!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

roxi's mom
on 7/31/11 9:27 am - TN
yes the dr bennet something is a first class a _ _ to say the least and i didnt think he was a dr or his brother.  please be careful and although some of these people think im so dumb because i didnt know it, u know i researched my butt off and only saw one bad thing and all of them had at least that.  thanks
melissa
MARIA F.
on 7/31/11 1:09 pm - Athens, GA

Well from personal experience, I know sometimes we think we researched better than we actually did. I got the band and thought I researched it before getting it. Had I looked on the band forum though I would have seen the warning signs. hindsight is 20/20 though.

Like some of the others have mentioned, have a Dr. here check u and verify that u actually have the DS and that it was done correctly. I have never heard of him doing the DS, so if u in fact have the DS, I think u are one of his first.

Good luck Melissa!

FormerlyFluffy.com

goodkel
on 7/31/11 9:37 am
I wish you would edit the title of this thread as it is misleading.

I had my DS with Dr. Ungson, the ONLY DS vetted surgeon on Mexico--which you would have discovered if you had ever posted about this on the DS board or checked DSFacts.com.

It was in a fully outfitted hospital that was cleaner and provided more attentive care than I have ever experienced or witnessed in the US. I had a private room and bathroom with a full sized couch that a companion was permitted to stay on for the length of my hospital stay--usually 4 nights. A team of doctors visited me at least twice daily. I don't speak a word of Spanish and had no problems as most of the personnel spoke English.

Feel free to read the review on the left side of my profile.

Mexico isn't the problem. It was the surgeon you chose.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

roxi's mom
on 7/31/11 9:46 am - TN
i changed it,  my only intention has been to let everyone know how horrible this was for me and everyone is offended by something or mad or something negative. shoot im exhausted and only felt i should absolutely tell everyone and ive all but been called stupid on here.
Elizabeth N.
on 7/31/11 1:58 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Hardly anyone is offended and nobody is mad. Yes, you're going to hear negative things. This was a rotten choice and I pray you get through it okay. You're going to have to get used to hearing that, because it is the truth. We are saying this not to hurt you, but to protect others.

Please come hang out on the DS board and LISTEN TO THE ADVICE YOU GET. You need that board more than you can possibly imagine. So thicken your skin, don't take stuff personally and get good and tight over there. You have a huge amount of stuff to learn and you desperately need an experienced support system.

roxi's mom
on 7/31/11 9:34 pm - TN
On July 31, 2011 at 8:58 PM Pacific Time, Elizabeth N. wrote:
Hardly anyone is offended and nobody is mad. Yes, you're going to hear negative things. This was a rotten choice and I pray you get through it okay. You're going to have to get used to hearing that, because it is the truth. We are saying this not to hurt you, but to protect others.

Please come hang out on the DS board and LISTEN TO THE ADVICE YOU GET. You need that board more than you can possibly imagine. So thicken your skin, don't take stuff personally and get good and tight over there. You have a huge amount of stuff to learn and you desperately need an experienced support system.
it just seems like some of the remarks are lil mean, heck knows i wouldnt have done this on purpose.  i didnt want sympathy, i was just telln people to avoid them is all.thanxz
melissa
Elizabeth N.
on 8/1/11 3:04 am - Burlington County, NJ
I hear you. I am glad you are paying it forward in that way.

Y'know, people express concern in different ways. There are any number of people, and I tend to be such a person, who actually *FEEL* great empathy and concern, and express it with something like a shriek, along the lines of OMG WHAT THE F IS GOING ON HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It can sound angry, and sometimes anger is involved, but it's not at you. It's at the situation, the people, whatever. And yes, in your case there is going to be some incredulity that you didn't turn around and walk out, and that you thought talking to a couple of his patients sent to you by them constituted anything resembling a reliable testimonial.

I am horribly sorry that it took such a dreadful experience for you to learn this lesson. On the DS board, this will get help up as an example of why people need to use the VETTED SURGEONS and to NOT believe anything that comes from a medical tourism or scheduling service. There's also the matter of "cheapest" almost ALWAYS being synonymous with "worst possible choice" in this area of medicine.

HOWEVER!! What's done is done, and the experienced folks there (with a couple of notable exceptions) will be very eager to teach you what you need to know about life with the DS....AND to help you sort out how to discover if you even got a DS in the first place. As Diana and Larra have mentioned, there's a high suspicion that with your activity level and various other signs, you didn't get any intestinal changes.

Do NOT believe the OP report as written. Use it as a tool to show to other docs along the way as you explore what you really got. The other folks have told you what kind of tests it will take to visualize your guts and get more information. The report will be an important tool in trying to get the truth out about this butcher, though. (And if we're wrong and you got a DS, we'll be surprised but pleased.)

roxi's mom
on 8/1/11 5:49 am - TN
I will be going to the dr asap to see
Elizabeth N.
on 8/1/11 7:27 am - Burlington County, NJ
***hugs**** Hang in there. We'll be waiting eagerly for any news you get and looking forward to seeing you on the DS board.

Most Active