DO NOT USE JERASLUEM HOSPITAL

Stefanie P.
on 7/31/11 8:12 am - Los Angeles, CA
Melissa,
What a horrible experience - thank God you came through it OK.
You can do a great service for other pre-ops by posting this as a review on his OH page:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-mar io-alberto-almanza-reyes/#profile_reviews
I looked at his page, and was surprised to see all these glowing reviews.  I can see how you could have gotten a very misleading picture of him.
People need to know about your experience, and I hope you will add this to his page.  But since you need to get your records from his office, you may want to wait to do so until you've gotten that accomplished.
And do come over to the DS forum for support and information to help you through these first few months.
STEFANIE    Totally lovin' my DS!!
HW 336/ SW 326/ CW 147/ GW 160   13 lbs. below goal!

roxi's mom
on 7/31/11 9:25 am - TN
thanks i just got the records. so i will post it there  thanks so much
melissa
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 7/31/11 10:03 am
On July 31, 2011 at 3:12 PM Pacific Time, Stefanie P. wrote:
Melissa,
What a horrible experience - thank God you came through it OK.
You can do a great service for other pre-ops by posting this as a review on his OH page:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-mar io-alberto-almanza-reyes/#profile_reviews
I looked at his page, and was surprised to see all these glowing reviews.  I can see how you could have gotten a very misleading picture of him.
People need to know about your experience, and I hope you will add this to his page.  But since you need to get your records from his office, you may want to wait to do so until you've gotten that accomplished.
And do come over to the DS forum for support and information to help you through these first few months.
 my understanding is that surgeon's can have whatever reviews they don't like removed. if this is true, it really sucks.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Stefanie P.
on 7/31/11 11:13 am - Los Angeles, CA
I've heard that as well (totally agree that it sucks), and wondered if that was why the reviews were so skewed to the positive.  (I only scanned the first few pages, but did see a couple of negative ones.) 
Still, it's worth posting there.  If it's removed from his page, that's one more mark against him (and shame on OH), and she can post about that on the boards.
Anything to help get the word out....
STEFANIE    Totally lovin' my DS!!
HW 336/ SW 326/ CW 147/ GW 160   13 lbs. below goal!

Jackie00
on 7/31/11 8:50 am
nothing but good reviews on him for the VSG at vertical sleeve talk, it was very hard for me to find reviews on him too, I want to read reviews.  So the more good or bad on someone needs to be posted.
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 9:04 am
Not sure how you are finding nothing but good..? Try searching on here, and VST or even Google with the keywords Almanza complaints or complication.. or a combo of his name, the clinic name and complaints, complications, infection.. etc. There is a lot of info out there on him, you need to dig a little to get it. Many sites (this one too??) allow Drs to remove negative reviews, so you cannot go by a "review" site. 
Jackie00
on 7/31/11 11:55 am
Oh I found the good and bad, have been reading forever on here.  Just saying there is nothing but good reviews on him at vertical sleeve talk website.  I just find it odd how you can find some reviews on some surgeons and nothing on others, I don't find signing a dr-patient confidentiality that you should not be able to give reviews to help others, I have had this said to me a few times now.  You would think if the surgeon was that good you should be able to talk about your experience.  That just puts up a red flag to me. 

MacMadame
on 8/1/11 8:45 am - Northern, CA
On July 31, 2011 at 6:55 PM Pacific Time, Jackie00 wrote:
Oh I found the good and bad, have been reading forever on here.  Just saying there is nothing but good reviews on him at vertical sleeve talk website.  I just find it odd how you can find some reviews on some surgeons and nothing on others, I don't find signing a dr-patient confidentiality that you should not be able to give reviews to help others, I have had this said to me a few times now.  You would think if the surgeon was that good you should be able to talk about your experience.  That just puts up a red flag to me. 

At one time VST was a patient referral service for Jerusalem Hospital. (They may still be. I stopped going there when they got into bed with Betancourt.) That's why you won't see any negative reviews there.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Jackie00
on 8/1/11 12:54 pm
hmm VST over there is a male, but just today I got some of the bad reviews privately that are pretty similiar to here
roxi's mom
on 7/31/11 9:22 am - TN
thanks so much
Most Active