DO NOT USE JERASLUEM HOSPITAL

Emily F.
on 7/31/11 2:04 am
I don't understand you say you researched but there are posts concerning almanza complications on here. Whole threads on it. The ds board is full of always check the vetted surgeon list.

????? I'm sorry you had a bad experience and I hope to God you stay on the ds board and stay on top of your health.
roxi's mom
on 7/31/11 3:20 am - TN
Hi emily
Yes I did look on here I will admit that I'm not great at finding things on this site nor am I a computer wiz but I did the best I could do and hours and months of it to research dr's. I even spoke to 5 references from them and about 10recent patients of his from here. Thought that was enough. I only found one bad comment on him regarding a stomach leak patient that ended up in the icu. That should have been enough but then there was a negative issue with every dr I looked at. Was not just decided easily on my end. I fortunately did ok with the dr. So far at least, fingers crossed. It was the facility that was just horrific. I'm not asking anyone to feel bad for me or anything I am only thankful to god I made it in and out of there and seem to be ok and only want no one else to go to this miserable place. I will absolutly be following up with a bariatric doctor here at home. I kissed the ground when back across the border for sure and realized just how blessed I am. Thanks
Melissa
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 6:58 am - San Jose, CA

You should (1) ask Almanza for your surgical records (assuming they exist, or are believable); and (2) at the first HINT of trouble, get someone to do an UGI or EGD to see whether you actually got a proper sleeve, and a CT with contrast to see what your intestinal arrangement is.  I seriously doubt you got a standard of care procedure.  I'd be willing to bet there was no intestinal rearrangement at all, and you probably just got a sleeve.

MacMadame
on 7/31/11 7:29 am - Northern, CA
Or some sort of weird RnY-hybrid.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 7:33 am, edited 7/31/11 7:34 am - San Jose, CA
I find it suspicious that she doesn't mention any gut issues in the first few days - I think the vast majority of us DSers had peeling paint smelling diarrhea for the first few days until our guts settled down.  And as much as she was up and walking up stairs (!) on the day of surgery, I can't imagine her intestines were also cut.
roxi's mom
on 7/31/11 7:39 am - TN
Thanks I will do that I tried to get the records that day but of course it wasn't possible and I'm suppose to ask louise. Lol. We will see I guess. I will ask thanku. Worse case guess I will have to go without them and hopefully they can tell. Dunno
Melissa
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 7/31/11 12:07 pm
and WHY have you never mentioned the adjustable part?

Duodenal Switch surgery is the safest weight loss method
  • Less invasive
  • Safest weight loss operation
  • Adjustable and reversible
  • Complications are less severe

www.duodenalswitchmexico.com/

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

k9ophile
on 7/31/11 12:17 pm
  • Adjustable and reversible 
  • True dat!  I have my outer curvature in a jar next to my bed just in case I ever want to reverse my DS.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 12:21 pm - San Jose, CA
Damn, I need to add those testaments to our flakking of the DS!  Dr. Huacuz - another PEACH of a Mexican "surgeon."  Just ask Larissa how her stomach is - oh wait - she no longer HAS a stomach - just a stump, because of Huacuz.  Another "oh, it's cheaper in MX, and I don't need to spend a few more bucks to see Ungson, no matter WHAT all those DS vets are telling " decision.
Whacka Doodle
on 7/31/11 5:33 am
Please get yourself over to the DS board, ASAP.  You will need a great deal of follow-up, and a great deal of knowledgeable advice.  

Good luck

Interested in low-carb nutrition?  Thinking of trying Atkins? Want to try high-fat and/or high-protein eating?  Whether or not you have had (or are thinking about) WLS   http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/atkins/   

Most Active