PRE-OPS ONLY! Post-ops, read about the DS at your own risk

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 7/28/11 4:37 am
 holy cow, you are brave to have even tried!  bet he's OK....

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

MacMadame
on 7/31/11 7:45 am - Northern, CA
 Hedwig, is that you?!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Kirabelle
on 7/27/11 10:59 am - MA
hmmm... I don't know much about DS but this post seems extremely aggressive... kinda scared.
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 11:04 am
It may seem aggressive, but it's more defensive than anything else. This post stems from the passion of a DSer who wants preopers to know about the DS, so they don't end up like me needing a second cut.
MsBatt
on 7/27/11 11:12 am
Diana is a bit agressive in spreading the word about the DS---but there's no need to be scared.

I hope you'll research the DS before you make your final decision about WLS. I see your BMI is 72---the DS is most likely the best WLS for you. It has the very BEST long-term, maintained wegith loss, especially for those of us with a starting BMI greater than 50. It's also the best at preventing or resolving co-morbs like diabetes, Pcos, insulin resistance, high cholesterol, etc.---everything but GERD. And the post-op lifestyle is wonderful!

Come on over and check out the DS board here at OH:www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/ You can also learn more about the DS at www.dsfacts.com

AS Diana's post pointed out, the DS really isn't for everyone---it does have some non-negotiable requirements, like taking vites and supplements EVERY DAY, and regular bloodwork. But what it gives in return is worth what little bit of 'work' it asks from us. I'm coming up on 8 years post-DS, and I wouldn't change a thing.
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 11:30 am - San Jose, CA

MsBatt
on 7/27/11 11:54 am
Should we get t-shirts? (*grin*)
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 12:09 pm - San Jose, CA

strawberry28
on 7/27/11 11:07 am - somewhere, MD
And me too...needing a second cut. Wish I saw a post like this back when I was considering the band.
SW= 268     
CW= 145  ***GOAL REACHED on Christmas Day 2010****             
GW=145
5'6"       BMI= 23
 LapBand 3/2006 to Revision DS 12/2009
Get the FACTS about the Duodenal Switch at www.DSFACTS.com or http://www.duodenalswitch.com/

Extended Tummy Tuck, BL/BA scheduled for 11/18/11 Dr. Larry Lickstein          

AundreaSmith
on 7/27/11 11:27 am - Caledonia, MI
DS on 03/12/12
This is the surgery that I am seriously considering...my only problem is that my Husband thinks it's too agressive.  But I agree with all the stats, how can I convince him otherwise?
Most Active