If your band FAILED you please check in here.

trish_the_dish
on 4/25/11 6:49 am - Fairborn, OH
Count me in.  Banded in 6/07, issues for the last year then my stomach finally came up through my band and had to be emergency removed (from all the vomiting) in 8/10, revised to RNY in 11/10 and MUCH MUCH MUCH happier with my RNY!
xoxoxo,
Trish
Sarah_Anne
on 4/25/11 9:08 am
I have to say that i hope these threads scare some newbies off from having the band.  When reading about WLS the first thing I read about was the band - its adjustable, its removable, its just wonderful, best thing since sliced bread (but none of that for you when you have a band!).  Then I came here to OH and did a bit more digging.  And I found that no way I could live with the band.  After reading a few threads on the band board here I abandoned my band dream. 

Add to that the fact that my surgeon pretty much hates the band and said so at the seminar, well I have to say that I have a much better deal now.

Newbies!  Stay way from the band.  You have been properly warned!!!!

HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
thisbe777
on 4/25/11 9:17 am
is it okay to come in here and say that i am so eternally grateful that i changed my mind about the band and got the sleeve???    does good common sense and foresight get points???

someone was looking out for me when they put the sleeve between me and the crap band...

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

TAMARA D.
on 4/25/11 9:44 am - MI
 I too have a failed band.  I am now going through so much discomfort that it is unreal.  I vomit almost after every meal.  I have never had an eating disorder so that doesn't explain it.  I got three different fills and ended up in the ER all three times becuase I could not swallow anything!

I am now looking at getting the band removed and getting a sleeve which I think will suit me much better.  My new Dr. just sent my letter to the insurance company so I am hoping to hear something soon.  I am thinking it will be easier to get them to cover the revision if I have it done with the removal.  I think they will laugh at me if I ask for two surgeries.  I hope I can hold on that long and not beg to have the band removed.
Frenchie1959
on 4/25/11 9:47 am - PA
Here. 

Frenchie

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 10:13 am - Califreakinfornia , CA

soulsister
on 4/25/11 11:47 am - NY
My upper GI on friday showed that I was too loose. Tonight i puked again. I will never be at a good restriction level. One day I can eat one thing, the next I can't.
I can't take anymore vomiting. Over two years of it is enough.
The worst mistake I have made is the lapband.
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 1:14 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
That is completely normal for the band. One day too tight, one day too loose, one day you slime on chicken, no make that almost everyday you slime on chicken.
MARIA F.
on 4/25/11 3:57 pm - Athens, GA

Oh it FAILED! From the very beginning it never has worked! I have had 16 fills in 17 months and no restriction/sweet spot/green zone/or whatever it is the Lap-Band forum is insisting it be called today! lol.

COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY! "-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

Mary B.
on 4/26/11 2:43 am - Southern, MD
Me with my band :   

Me with my revision:  

Band: Too tight, cant eat solid food, slip, vomiting almost every day.

Revision: actually losing weight and able to eat good food.

Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010