If your band FAILED you please check in here.

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 7:00 am
I remember a woman at my 3 month group meeting - the only bandster in the room, and when they got around to her after everyone else talked about the 20, 30, 50 pounds they'd lost in the first three months, she looked so forlorn.  When asked how much she'd lost, she seemed to confused - "Six pounds."  How was everyone else whizzing past and in THREE MONTHS she'd lost only what many people can lose by just elminating sugared beverages, or the occasional sweet?

We all immediately gave her plenty of encouragement - the band isn't designed to move as fast as ours, etc., but inside I kept thinking, "You poor, poor woman.  You had surgery for no good reason."
(deactivated member)
on 4/26/11 5:20 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
You should copy and paste this on your very own thread on my failed band board.
Baby Blues
on 4/25/11 5:22 am - Roy, UT
ME ME ME!

Hey if we are having a meeting for band failures can I bring the cookies?  I have lots of them now.
I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst...then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.     ---Marilyn Monroe
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 10:09 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
You bring cookies. I'll bring ice cream, and someone else can bring the douche's.
Zee Starrlite
on 4/25/11 6:23 am

8 day obstruction
flipped port
shattered port
punctured hosing
port revision
esophageal dilation

no restriction forever and I mean years then too tight, too loose, too tight, too loose, too tight, too loose - so fill, unfill, fill, unfill  AND these were teeny increments like  .1cc

So yeah, The fricken Band failed me, it failed me! 

At 5 years 9mos I had the band removed.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 6:27 am - San Jose, CA
Hey, they gave you your thread back, AND took you off moderation!?  Of course, the thread has had a bit of a haircut ...
bmccoy830
on 4/25/11 6:33 am - Houston, TX
 Please excuse me for sticking my head (curser) in where I have not been initied (I am now typing behind a beige band on top of the display  for  messages,  but, are all bands sipping and /or cau causing problems ?   Do some bands really work well?   How can you tell ??  I dont want to get into a cursing match -  but I had a lap band done about 3 years ago.   I  have gained 10 pounds.   I have thyroid and metabolsm problems,  but I had already lost 100 lbs. on the Adkins Diet.   Now, I can't eat alot of meat and salad.     Does Medicare/medicaid pay for redos with another type of surgery ??   p.s.    What are these beige blocks over this text ??
bmccoy
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 10:11 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
"Does Medicare/medicaid pay for redos with another type of surgery ??"

I don't know but it's worth looking into. 
Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/25/11 6:45 am - Tuvalu

I don't like when they do this to you, Pump.  It maks it too hard for you to bite and scratch the bad guys:

lolcat caption contest #1
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 7:02 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I'M TRYING TO BE GOOD HERE,,,, DAMNIT SUE !!!