If your band FAILED you please check in here.

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 10:02 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
WHOA.....Your stomach acid caused by the band also caused you to have a 4 lb tumor ?

Can you please share this with us ?
sweetdew
on 4/25/11 4:57 am - CA
I don't have a lot to say except the band was one of the worst experiences of my weight loss journey. I know quite a few people who have it and are miserable and wish they never did. If you want to know more. you can PM me. Good luck on your journey.
Sweetdew
2005-Revision from Lap-band to RNY, 12/2010 Revision from RNY to DS
HW-305  DS,SW-262  CW-slowly going down  GW-140/160

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 10:04 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I would love to know more, but first.....Can you share it here on the Main forum so that your band issues may help someone in the future ? If you would rather not then I can PM you.
Duck_Girl
on 4/25/11 4:57 am
I have had my band for 3 years as of today. I apparently failed not the band... ROFL 

I only had 3 fills in the first year... I was at the perfect place.. I wasn't able to eat bread but everything else with perfect restriction in moderation. In year 2 of my band it slowly began to feel tighter and tighter for no apparent reason. At  2years 8 months I had to have an unfill with my doctor thinking I had a small slip. I had a small fill 2 months later under floro and was told my esophagus had a slight ditulation so they unfilled me again. I am currently waiting another 60 days to try again.

I have to say I was so suprised to see some of the comments on this thread! I have to say though that ****waffle and dumbassery has got to be the best descritpion EVER and very suitable in this situation.

k9ophile
on 4/25/11 4:56 am
Close to Home

And probably just as effective!

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 4/25/11 4:56 am
On April 23, 2011 at 1:38 PM Pacific Time, k9ophile wrote:
Close to Home

And probably just as effective!

OK, that's hysterical!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

k9ophile
on 4/25/11 4:55 am
And fashionable.  You can get one in every color to match all your outifts, shoes, etc.  But no white ones before Memorial Day or after Labor Day.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

DSn NOT BSn
on 4/25/11 4:55 am
OH MY Gosh...THAT IS WAY TOO FUNNY!
red Rose            Let Your Heart See What Your Eyes Cannot.  
* WWW.DSFACTS.COM
* Duodenal Switch Information Zone->
www.duodenalswitch.com/
* Dr. Hess' first DS patient 23 yrs ago->http://www.dshess.com/->Click link left column->First BSD/DS
* DS laparascopic animation->www.youtube.com/watch
  * DS animation->www.youtube.com/watch
* Vetted DS Surgeons-> http://www.dsfacts.com/North-American-Duodenal-Switch-Surgeo ns.html
* DS Forum->http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/a,messageboard/board_id,5357/

* Vitamins Source->
www.vitalady.com
Be the kind of woman that,when your feet hit the floor in the morning,the devil says,"OH NO, She's Up!"
SW/317CW/160s-170s   

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 10:07 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
That is the FUNNIEST picture evah !
Hislady
on 4/25/11 4:54 am - Vancouver, WA
Well just for Pumpkin I'll throw in my lovely experience. I'm 3 yrs. out, the first year I was a poster child for the band I followed all the rules and my doctors orders to a T, I lost all of 20 lbs. The second year I couldn't get a good restriction, I was either too tight or too loose, and no weight loss. By year 3, I was getting tighter and tighter for no apparant reason. Finally just recently I had it emptied completely because I know what follows a too tight band and I can't afford to pay to have it taken out. The surgeon who emptied my band said they now prefer to do the VSG instead of the band because they are finding over the last few years that there is a big problem with not being able to get a decent restriction for about 20% of people with the band. So I've chosen to be fat and happy instead of fat and miserable with the band. I followed the rules and played the game but it was a no go. I wouldn't wish a band on my worst enemy!